Update the 3* punisher champion reward [merged threads]

Sandwichboy
Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
Elektra covers make even less sense now that we have a 4* punisher character. Please update his rewards. I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a single person who actually wants Elektra covers.

Comments

• GameDemonKing
    GameDemonKing Posts: 37
    edited April 2016
    The 4 star character Punisher (Max) was introduced and he should be given as a reward for the 3 star punisher when you are champion him and level him through covers. So instead of the elektra covers offered at levels 183, 223 and 265 it should be replaced by Punisher Max so that it can be a relevant character cover with the 3 star punisher

Mod edit: merged this into the pre-existing thread on the same topic.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    What would they do for the people who already earned the Electra covers though? Would they retroactively take those away, return any Iso those people spent levelling her from those covers, and give them Punisher covers instead?

While having Punisher give Punisher covers makes sense, changing the rewards wouldn't be as simple as just flipping a switch.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    D3 never reimburse retroactive rewards. Just look at the daily resupply when command points were introduced. Would sill be great to have 3* punisher award 4* punisher. If those with maxed champion punisher already, they still have the option of recruiting a new one to earn the new rewards.

I say, flip the switch. It's all upside
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Starsaber wrote:
    What would they do for the people who already earned the Electra covers though? Would they retroactively take those away, return any Iso those people spent levelling her from those covers, and give them Punisher covers instead?

While having Punisher give Punisher covers makes sense, changing the rewards wouldn't be as simple as just flipping a switch.

I didn't receive any of the Command Points retroactively that they added to the daily rewards list well after I had passed the point I would have received them. While I appreciate the sentiment and would love retroactive rewards, in this case, it is as simple as flipping a switch. People who already received the Elektra covers would be stuck with them.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starsaber wrote:

Changing rewards progressively is != to changing them retroactively as well.

Everyone had notice that 3* pun rewarded elektra at 183, so if they leveled him up with that knowledge it's fair to expect them to live with the consequences. And if they want to go on customer service and ask for reimbursement, you can consider giving them a single 4* pun cover if they are willing to sell off their elektra and getting X-1 elecktra covers back in their queue (i.e. they can dump a ton of iso and deal with the CS hassle if they really care about 4* pun that much).

It was always obvious that the 3*-->4* champion rewards were going to have to be adjusted since the 4* tier was still growing. Might as well get started now.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Everyone had notice that 3* pun rewarded elektra at 183, so if they leveled him up with that knowledge it's fair to expect them to live with the consequences. And if they want to go on customer service and ask for reimbursement, you can consider giving them a single 4* pun cover if they are willing to sell off their elektra and getting X-1 elecktra covers back in their queue (i.e. they can dump a ton of iso and deal with the CS hassle if they really care about 4* pun that much).

This would be an excellent choice to make. Trading all your Elektra covers for a single 4Pun cover would also be an excellent choice to make. I would do it. Elektra is terrible.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    she's not completely terrible vs goon nodes - get her black going & wait for goons to kill themselves - good vs very high lv muscles
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Yep I highly agree with this, in fact I also think:

3 star Hulk the reward should be red hulk not chulk.

MPQ developers you guys listening?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apart from the obvious Punisher change, my suggestion would be to make Black Widow award Quake (both spies), Captain America award Nick Fury, Rocket & Groot award Nova (they did train him). That leaves Gwen, no idea where to fit her. Takes a quick glance at Captain Marvel, Mystique, Psylocke, Storm, Kamala Khan and She-Hulk (since they are all female that leads to someone with doubles).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that they should just leave it as it currently is because at least that gives us something to complain about. Imagine if they fixed that? The forums would become a desolate, uninhabited wasteland.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Kamala (Inhuman) -> Quake (Inhuman)
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    While we're at it, can we have Chulk be rewarded by exactly no one? Please?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Elektra covers make even less sense now that we have a 4* punisher character. Please update his rewards. I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a single person who actually wants Elektra covers.

Not opposed. Would rather have it as you say, even. Do actually want a few more Elektra covers, though. She's about ready to start winning Crash of the Titans, and more legendary tokens is always nice. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leaving them the way they are does make it easier to transition from 3*s to (a smaller pool of) 4*s, as we'll get more covers for the same characters.

No comment on the power level of some of those characters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    People who already won the elektra covers.. let them keep them. The update should just affect people who haven't won them yet.