Event/Heroic tokens minimum rarity

Options
gigatilburg29
gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Im tired getting a 2* covers with a event/heroic token and have to sell them for 250 iso......250 iso.....just ridiculous. With the current game state as 4* is the current meta and nerfing the 3* to gather 100 adittional covers to champion them so they will have a actual use in the game, at least remove the 2* from the tokens. We get them enought with progression rewards an vault rewards as every taco token i use is a 2*.

As i stated allot of times..... I wont be spending ANY money on this game untill they fix the little things thats has been needed for months instead of giving us another 4/5 star character every two weeks.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sadly, I get excited to sell heroics for 250iso. Those tokens add up over time and its makes a meaningful dent in my iso shortage.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im tired getting a 2* covers with a event/heroic token and have to sell them for 250 iso......250 iso.....just ridiculous. With the current game state as 4* is the current meta and nerfing the 3* to gather 100 adittional covers to champion them so they will have a actual use in the game, at least remove the 2* from the tokens. We get them enought with progression rewards an vault rewards as every taco token i use is a 2*.

As i stated allot of times..... I wont be spending ANY money on this game untill they fix the little things thats has been needed for months instead of giving us another 4/5 star character every two weeks.

Please keep in mind that you're speaking entirely for yourself. I am in 2* land, not playing a 4* game, and those covers are very meaningful and they are what get people to 4* land someday. I fail to see how "every taco token i use is a 2*" means that every taco token that *I* use is a 2*.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    Keegan, you'll find out what he's talking about once you're fully in 3* land. You have to work through those 2* tokens EVERY TIME. It gets old. The game seriously needs a divisiion between 2-3* transitioners and 3-4* transitioners. 5* is purely whaling and ultimate grinding, so is its own independent thing.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wirius wrote:
    Keegan, you'll find out what he's talking about once you're fully in 3* land. You have to work through those 2* tokens EVERY TIME. It gets old.

I do know what he's talking about. I play MtGPQ, been doing so since shortly after it came out only a few months ago, and I'm equivalent of about a 4* player there. I will readily admit that I don't have years invested, nor all the money, but I know the feeling. I've got most all the cards, so my freebie rewards are largely exactly like the experience being described, but worse: you can't sell duplicates yet for anything. Some of us are sitting on hundreds of duplicate cover-equivalents with nothing to do with them. I get it, and I stand by my original comment. All these rewards are to aid in transition for someone somewhere, and at least you're getting 250 iso out of them icon_e_smile.gif
    The game seriously needs a divisiion between 2-3* transitioners and 3-4* transitioners. 5* is purely whaling and ultimate grinding, so is its own independent thing.

I could get behind that, sure.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What they should have is some kind of scaling percentages based on your roster. It would allow newer players to not get overwhelmed with the HUGE amount of 3 and 4* characters and allow vets who have fuller rosters better chances at higher characters so that they can actually progress. Hell, it could be an initiative to roster and level some of the more undesirable characters.

If enemies and opponents scale, rewards should too.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    The main problem is that the rewards does not justify the effort of getting the tokens. As I stated there are numerous ways to get a 2* covers and with the championing feature and with the nerf of 3* we should be getting allot more 3* covers then before.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    What they should have is some kind of scaling percentages based on your roster. It would allow newer players to not get overwhelmed with the HUGE amount of 3 and 4* characters and allow vets who have fuller rosters better chances at higher characters so that they can actually progress. Hell, it could be an initiative to roster and level some of the more undesirable characters.

If enemies and opponents scale, rewards should too.
    I always wondered what kind of havoc a lucky 5* cover might do to the scaling for a new player in 1*-2* territory and what kind of torment they would go through (especially with the old scaling that was based purely on your highest leveled characters).
    "Do I keep this extremely rare and valuable 5* that makes the game nearly unplayable or do I get rid of it and pretend I never saw it?"
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Definitely time to make a change to heroic tokens. Either bump up the chance of 3* and 4* or make a new token that rewards 3 or 4*. Not to replace heroics but as another option so advanced rosters can actually feel they are somewhat worthwhile. With the amount of 4* increasing quickly it would still mean a 1 in over 60 chance of getting a certain character then factoring in 3 colours it would still be tough to get a desired cover. Would make covers interesting to open again.

The problem with vaults though is that won't work but a small increase in draw rates would go a long way.

With the current state of the game heroics as they are have seen their day.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Giving an event token for 900 in PvP, that most likely gives you a 2*, is just flat out foolish at this point in the game's life cycle.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    Why can't they change the heroic token to guarantee 3* with a chance to get 4*? Same as LT that guarantees you a 4* and a chance to get 5*.

For people need 2*s, they can be acquired in PVP matches or standard token.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bossblack wrote:
    Why can't they change the heroic token to guarantee 3* with a chance to get 4*? Same as LT that guarantees you a 4* and a chance to get 5*.

For people need 2*s, they can be acquired in PVP matches or standard token.
    They could absolutely do that, but then a lot less tokens would be awarded.
    The devs want a certain number of covers aquired from tokens. Making covers easier to get from tokens would presumably also mean tokens would be harder to get.
    I do Think there is room for a "3-star or above" token in the game though, particularly as the 900 Point reward in PvP.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    sadly, I get excited to sell heroics for 250iso. Those tokens add up over time and its makes a meaningful dent in my iso shortage.
    so you are saying you rather not sell a cover for 500 iso each time? if not you get a useful cover. your logic breaks my brain.