Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: X-23

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 lvl 210, didn't even need to boost, elektra was kind enough to trigger the purple trap and 1 shot herself.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can I do it with a l94 1/1/2? I'm quite pessimistic about that..

My 2/1/0 Lv90 has done...poorly. Your purple gives you a slightly better chance, but you'll need a lot of luck and a more-or-less complete denial of red/black (at your level, her red kills you in three turns if you don't heal...four if you heal each turn).

If I were you I'd try it (unless you really needed her alive & kicking for "The Hunt" PVE), but I probably wouldn't waste health packs or boosts on it. Her powers are just too cheap and at these levels X-23 doesn't hit hard enough to make a short match so it's more likely than not that some cascade will give the AI colors she needs. In any case, good luck.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/0/2, lvl 127
    boosts: all match dmg, green match dmg, crit

First try, surprisingly. Early on she handed me some strike tiles, which helped. icon_lol.gif Denied her colours hard and fortunately she never got to cast black. The strike tiles she gave me were actually quite helpful in beating her.

token_legendary.png= icon_nova.pngredflag.png puts him at 5/1/2
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it first try with boosts, at level 111 (2/2/1). Lucked into a nice cascade at the end to finish Elektra off, otherwise her ballet of death would have gotten me next turn.

Got a greenflag.pngicon_ghostrider.png to bring him to 1/2/3.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:

My 2/1/0 Lv90 has done...poorly. Your purple gives you a slightly better chance, but you'll need a lot of luck and a more-or-less complete denial of red/black (at your level, her red kills you in three turns if you don't heal...four if you heal each turn).

If I were you I'd try it (unless you really needed her alive & kicking for "The Hunt" PVE), but I probably wouldn't waste health packs or boosts on it. Her powers are just too cheap and at these levels X-23 doesn't hit hard enough to make a short match so it's more likely than not that some cascade will give the AI colors she needs. In any case, good luck.
    Azoth658 wrote:

I've seen people quote lower but it'll most certainly be all the boosts and the a lot of luck on the board. The main thing is denying red as Ballet Of Death always goes in the sodding corner and has no practical matches for it...

Thanks guys, I think I'll try it 2/3 times just to see how bad it is, but won't spend all my health packs (maybe a couple of boosts on the last try).
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took 5 turns with my 0/2/4, Elektra was nailing black cascades like they were going out of style. The 5th match is also the first where my purple didn't end up in a corner, or overwritten by double-double.

Much needed greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png for my trouble.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got it in 5 vanilla attempts.

First three attempts, Elektra gathered enough AP to cast all her skills multiple times. In one of those, I had her low enough to die from matching my trap. Unfortunately, she had Shadow Step tiles out, so it ended working like the goggles: they did nothing.

On the 4th attempt, the board was set up with two match-5s, one green and one pink. After casting green twice and the crit damage, she was low enough to die from matching my trap tile again. Turns out that the trap tile was placed on the only available match on my turns, so I missed out on 1.3k damage. I didn't survive the two Dance tiles she had laid out by then.

5th time, I did a better job of denying black and gathering purple. This time, I was able to match my purple trap tile to down Elektra.

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_thor.png = 1 champ level
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did it on my 5th try with my lvl 90 2/0/1 boosts on all colours + red + black.

Saved greens up to 24 + purples and then killed her with just 500 health to go.

Result: she's now 2/1/1
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't even try last time.

This time I pulled my Ranarok Champ cover (level 183) yesterday to go to 4/3/5 level 172, easily beat it first try. This fight really points out how weak elecktra is.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So I took 6 shots (5 boosted and 1 unboosted) at it with a 1/2/2 level 111 X-23 and came close a few times but all of Elektra's abilities are just devastating one on one for this low of character. I have burnt through quite a few boosts (which ok because I rarely ever use them except for these type of things). I have gotten her under 3000 health a few times (one time to around 1000) but her black ability and red are just to difficult to control through matching for that long. I tried it one time without any boosts and got her down to around 2600 before losing. If I had used boosts that one time I am sure I would have won.

Will keep trying but will mainly need to go unboosted for the most part. Good thing is that I have at least 15 more shots at it since I am not using my health packs for anything else today icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: Finally beat it on the 13th try using AP boosts. Got a Miles red cover.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Didn't even try last time.

This time I pulled my Ranarok Champ cover (level 183) yesterday to go to 4/3/5 level 172, easily beat it first try. This fight really points out how weak elecktra is.

She's certainly not top tier but if she gets out Ballet of Death and you can't match it then it's game over.

If she was played by a human or good AI then it would know when to fire the purple power to take down X23 strike tiles, which would be a instant issue especially if combined with a ballet of death for even one round.

If you match your own purple that's a hell of a strong strike tile to steal....
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Started with my X-23 at L90 1/2/3, finally got it after 8 tries and bumping her slightly to 101.

It was bad luck all the way through. Every board was starved for purple, and most of the time, the AI kept cascading into red and black matches. In 8 attempts, even using +2 all and +2 B/P, I only got to fire purple three times, and not once did my trap tile get matched until the final move of the game that I actually won (with only 500 HP left).

Reward was nice: purpleflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png Teen Jean, now 2/1/1.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Options
    2/1/2 @ 111 here. Was able to do it in about 5 tries without any boosts.

Took a fair bit of luck.

Strategy is obviously deny black, then red, then purple. collect green when possible. (red is arguably more dangerous than black if your x-23 is high level. But for lower level x-23s, the trap damage from black is almost invariably fatal and impossible to avoid.)

Of my 5 tries, I had a cooperative board 1.5 times. Once I had a really great board, feeding me tons of green and purple and letting me deny elektra all her colors. . .right until she took a vertical match-4 yellow, which cascaded into a vertical match-5 black, into tons of red and purple. she basically ended the match the next turn. ugh.

But in my last try, I was mostly able to deny her colors. she did get ballet of death off, but It didn't kill me. she also fired double double cross once, but that was all. she never got more than 6 black. In the meantime, I was able to collect 24 green + 13 purple and plenty of red to get berserker rage going. when I was ready I fired green 3 times, and then purple 2x (after an intervening purple match). then I got super lucky and the board reshuffled for me after an elektra move. I got a match five purple including one of my traps, which cascaded into a match 5 red and then a critical match-5 green. Hard to expect that good a board, but I also didn't even boost at all. I suspect that with good board luck and full boosting, this matchup is doable with anything better than a 1/1/1 x-23.

ghost rider blackflag.png for my troubles (can't for the life of me figure out how to get more iceman or rulk covers, but RNG loves loves loves giving me **** ghost rider. Up to 7 covers for him now, including 4 black. at least I should have a shot against galactus.)
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I beat her on attempt #4 with a 3/0/2 lvl 127 X-23.

Almost had her on attempt 3 with Elektra at ~100 health but she got Shadow Step off. >.<

Got icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png !
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    level 94 5/3/5. first try no problems. she got black off, so I ended at about half health, but denied red and saved up green and purple. let her get some purple a couple of times (she was going black every choice). when she threw purple I had enough for 2 greens and then with the strikes had enough for 2 purple and 1 was matchable and that finished her off.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/0/3 max level 111. Won on my 12th try. Green +50%, Purple AP +2, Critical +125%. 1st priority is to deny black. Gather up green and let Elektra have enough purple to cast Double Double Cross once. Then X-23 can cast green twice, making her purple cheap enough to use. This was a hard match that required a lot of board luck.

My prize was yet another Iceman cover, now level 273.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    152 1/4/2 first try. She flipped my strike and got off black, but I still got her with a couple self matched traps.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with 1/2/4 lvl 152 using b/p and rainbow AP plus 100% damage. The advice here to prioritize red is good. Sharing two colors means you'll heal most if not all of the match damage you take. Got enough purple and strikes to fire it twice with matchable purple on the board. Elektra fired ballet right after, but immediately matched my trap. A couple of healing matches was all it took to finish the job.

Unfortunately, got icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png with the token.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it on the first try with my 3/1/5 140 x-23 with zero boosts. Got a great starting board with a match five green. She got off one double double and two shadowsteps but I healed through it until I had 24 green banked and enough purple for two traps.

LT banked.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First run in December: 3rd try, with my 0/2/3, lvl 127. Boost purple, black damage, +2 P/U AP

Second run now: 7th try, 3/5/5, level 127, same boosts. Every board was yellow/blue/black, with one-sided red cascades.

This game is dumb sometimes.