Hit while shielded, but lost 50 points?

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I tried looking up the previous threads about this sort of thing, to no avail.

I'm shielding my way to the lousy 2K reward in SHIELD Sim. I just went back in game, and somehow I was hit by someone and lost 50 points.........even though I put up an 8 hour shield, over an hour ago.........

What are my next steps, again? I can't remember what the advice from the previous threads was. Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Late/laggy hits were commonplace today. They need to release another 5* soon to pay for server upkeep.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I tried looking up the previous threads about this sort of thing, to no avail.

I'm shielding my way to the lousy 2K reward in SHIELD Sim. I just went back in game, and somehow I was hit by someone and lost 50 points.........even though I put up an 8 hour shield, over an hour ago.........

What are my next steps, again? I can't remember what the advice from the previous threads was. Thanks, in advance.
    Unfortunately I believe the official response to this kind of situation is "sucks to be you." They take no responsibility for server lags.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The above response is sadly true. I had multiple hits after a good 30 minutes shielding in a versus event and dropped out of the top 50 because if them. Standard response of they cannot be held responsible and recommended I force a server connection before I close the app by checking leaderboards.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Like they say, the best you can do is immediately check leaderboards after you shield to force a connection. Started doing that after I lost an Iceman green to one.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like they say, the best you can do is immediately check leaderboards after you shield to force a connection. Started doing that after I lost an Iceman green to one.

Yeah, I do this as well now. Shield then immediately check the player and alliance leader boards back and forth for a few seconds. Forces the game to connect and update with the server so it can send the "I'm shielded" data now instead of at the next refresh time.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I do this as well now. Shield then immediately check the player and alliance leader boards back and forth for a few seconds. Forces the game to connect and update with the server so it can send the "I'm shielded" data now instead of at the next refresh time.

The servers were struggling that much yesterday when I was playing that I saw my points total drop, but no popup happened however much I tried to force an update and it eventually showed up a lot later as a shielded hit that cost me points.
  • TLCstormz
    Options
    Sons, I am disappoint.........

:+(
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HUGE server lag today, not sure what's going on but you lose points then get the retal notification 10 minutes later
  • TLCstormz
    Options
    I am glad it's not just me.