Un-Stun Ability

rakesh14021983
rakesh14021983 Posts: 29
Just a random thought... There are many characters in the MPQ world that offer some form of stun as one of their powers.

Can we not look at having a character which allows us to remove the stun effects from my team?

AP costs, should it allow team"unstun" or only a selected character to be "unstunned" etc. etc. etc. can be discussed and debated at length.

Thoughts?

Comments

• dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    This ability should also do some form of damage. Not every match contains somebody who stuns, and nobody likes a completely situational move.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Not a bad idea, I can see this as sort of a side effect of an existing ability. They have already addressed this in part with the addition of characters that can not be stunned. Is there anybody besides SS with this ability?
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    dider152 wrote:
    This ability should also do some form of damage. Not every match contains somebody who stuns, and nobody likes a completely situational move.

I think this would make more sense if it was a healing ability. So it heals you team and stunned allies.
  • I made a post about this a few months ago.

I completely agree. There isn't a counter to stun abilities. You can stun almost any character and there's nothing they can do about it.

I thought White Queen should be the first Un-Stun power character, since she's a telepath being able to wake people up would be a great power.
  • @Dider... Yes I agree. Maybe the character could switch powers. So you can use Un-Stun once (maybe), and then the power gets switched to a damage-dealing ability of some sort.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Hm, that would be a HIGHLY situational champ, and likely a 4* that people wouldn't be able to cover max and iso max for months. Looking at all of the other situational ability abilities in the game, I really can't see much of a positive to it.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Turning a character invisible will remove stun. I think that's the only way to do it. Maybe Airborne can as well?
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    ... There isn't a counter to stun abilities. You can stun almost any character and there's nothing they can do about it...

Have you tried casting Grant Invisibility by IW if the weakest teammate is stunned for X number of turns? For some strange reason that takes away the stun.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    dstann wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

I think this would make more sense if it was a healing ability. So it heals you team and stunned allies.

You know who that would be perfect for? Dr. Strange. Healing you physically and mystically.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    You could always do it as a variant of Colossus' yellow.

Drops a countdown that reduces enemy damage and while it's in play, your characters are immune to enemy stun effects. When the countdown resolves have it explode for damage (and maybe stun the character at lower levels).

Not the most elegant but it would be less situational.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Why not have stuns be countdown-based powers, and if the countdown is destroyed the stun ends? There are several stuns that are loosely coupled with countdowns so this wouldn't have to represent a huge departure.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not have stuns be countdown-based powers, and if the countdown is destroyed the stun ends? There are several stuns that are loosely coupled with countdowns so this wouldn't have to represent a huge departure.

Hey yeah, and then if your character gets stunned you can have cap throw his shield at the enemy and unstun you at the sa-

Wait, that doesn't make sense at all.

Also, if you stunned the owner of a "stun" countdown tile, it wouldn't count down so the stun would last longer. Switch and Punisher Maxx combo for a 7-turn stun!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be a *massive* nerf to stuns. To justify it, you'd need to make the stuns significantly cheaper or potentially last a lot longer.