Fix resources instead of PVE MMR

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
D3,
I implore you to look to fix resources specifically ISO in the game before you go forward with the final version of PVE you have been testing. you have said time and time again you want players to level their characters and when you level your characters you should have and advantage. With the play testing you have made is significantly easier for under leveled rosters to dominate PVE.
For the refresh timers you eleminated them to make a quality of life change for players to let us play more on our time. It has caused massive grinding necessary to compete in PVE events and you are looking at 6 clears in a row and 3hrs of play time to place well while facing high level opponents. After 1 clear I had 0 nodes showing as easy they all showed normal difficulty.
Over the past couple of months you have made changes to PVE to make it more the driving force behind the game. You doubled the progression rewards adding a LT now 25CP. You made top 10 relieve a 4* cover. You are now coming out with more game play like Growth industry. All good changes. 4* covers are more attainable then ever, but by changing the MMR now you are taking bigger rosters and ramping up the difficulty. If you have 2-5 4* at 270 PVE is rough in this new format. By fixing the ISO flow first you will give players more opportunity to level their 4*. By increasing the number of 4* leveled it will allow you to increase the levels of our PVE opponents later and we will still have a deep enough roster to compete. By raising the difficulty first you are punishing the bigger rosters because they have levels their characters the opposite of your goals.
Here a a couple of simple items that will encourage more game play, and allow you to eventually move in the direction you want with MMR.
First create an alliance progression reward for PVE and the season that gives out ISO, HP, CP, boosts, Etc. this encourages alliance game play in events and the season. On new releases you can put the 4* cover as the last progression instead of top 00 placement. Top 100 placement could be CP or multiple tokens. This will place more weight in progression, but still encourages placement.
Second double the ISO in PVE, and get rid of the critical boosts as rewards. If you want critical boosts to drop as random prizes that is fine, but as a reward for taking on a level 295+ team it is insulting and painful.
These two changes would encourage more game play and give more players the ability to level their rosters. Then if you increase the difficulty based roster more players will have deeper 4* rosters or the capability to level their 4* to take on the challenge. As it is now with the play testing it is taking on 9 nodes with your A team 6 times in a row for 3 hrs straight. This is not your intent as a quality of life change for PVE and you should notice that although your intent was good, and the theory correct, reality is a different world and the changes you are looking to make are going to be worse in the long run for the game.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL,

Don't mean to come off as too snarky, but the persuasiveness of your argument isn't bolstered when the last thing people read is your signature quote. I got a chuckle out of that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    LOL,

Don't mean to come off as too snarky, but the persuasiveness of your argument isn't bolstered when the last thing people read is your signature quote. I got a chuckle out of that.
    icon_redface.gif
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    . As it is now with the play testing it is taking on 9 nodes with your A team 6 times in a row for 3 hrs straight.

This is perhaps the most salient point in the whole post. This was the very 1st node I faced in this pve:

pfmbgBP.jpg

All of the nodes were at this level or higher *to start with*. Now, my roster isn't particularly weak (345 oml, 2 champ 4, 1 maxed 4). The issue is that I HAVE to use my A team for ALL of the nodes. Of the 89 toons I have rostered, I've used a total of 7 in this pve. And 3 of them only because they are required.

The time changes are arguably a good thing, but the base difficulty is too high. And it only gets higher.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One of the easiest ways to make the current economy significantly less daunting and thus the new pve setup less frustrating would be to a) let people level characters up with covers regardless of being championed (obviously with no other benefit beyond skipping the iso cost for said level) and b) making covers colourless. Leveling up all those 3 * characters that sit around 120 for no reason beyond a constant shortage of ISO would happen pretty fast as every time you get random 3 * covers you previously would have sold are now helping to level them. And it would make the 4* transition FAR less painful.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revizion wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    . As it is now with the play testing it is taking on 9 nodes with your A team 6 times in a row for 3 hrs straight.

This is perhaps the most salient point in the whole post. This was the very 1st node I faced in this pve:

All of the nodes were at this level or higher *to start with*. Now, my roster isn't particularly weak (345 oml, 2 champ 4, 1 maxed 4). The issue is that I HAVE to use my A team for ALL of the nodes. Of the 89 toons I have rostered, I've used a total of 7 in this pve. And 3 of them only because they are required.

The time changes are arguably a good thing, but the base difficulty is too high. And it only gets higher.

So, SOOOOO much this. I can't take these teams on with anything but Winfinite until the difficulty really ramps up (4-5 passes maybe?), and then it has to be JeanBuster (my top team) the rest of the way.

Except I don't have health packs for that. And I see way, way more than enough of them in PVP anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to -use- some of those 40 3* characters we have somewhere?!?
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Except I don't have health packs for that. And I see way, way more than enough of them in PVP anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to -use- some of those 40 3* characters we have somewhere?!?

Do SW and IM40 count among those 40? Lol. Although, yes, it is sad that only 2 of the 3*s remain valid after transitioning to a higher level of play.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used a total of 5 different characters from my 88-person roster during this PVE.

OML
    OBW
    SWitch
    IM40
    Iceman

I could not afford to use anyone else. Once I figured that these were the characters that provided me with my best chance at succeeding ON ALL OF THE NODES, I just ran with them.