Cumulative PVE progression rewards

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
I like progression rewards. It gives everyone a shot at a decent prize. What I like less though, is that it requires a LOT of time to reach the LT in an event. Even though I have reached the LT progression multiple times, having to play several hours each day for multiple days in a row is really something that drains the fun, in my opinion. Do you really wamt to require players to have no life outside MPQ in order to win something decent? icon_lol.gif

So, if you aren't able to or do not want to make that kind of investment, you always miss out on the nice things, even though you may still be playing a lot. I often find myself in the situation of not having enough time to do all that grinding without having to give up sleep/social life/work.

That's why I would really like to see some kind of cumulative progression reward system. How to implement this exactly is up for discussion, but you could consider some kind of structure similar to the PVP season progression. Drawback: that too is something with a strict deadline, something I'd rather avoid.

Another idea is endlessly cycle through a reward tree (or different ones), more similar to the SHIELD resupply system. If you're worried about giving too big rewards to lower-leveled players, you could consider (for example) basing the reward structure around a 'score' that is calculated on how strong your roster currently is (levels, covers, that kinda thing).

Lots of room to maneuver here.

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    With new test PvE its easier to get 25CP which i like.
    But even before i felt PvE could have more rewards in its table plus some above 25CP.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I certainly wouldn't mind an increase in the number of rewards, I'm really more looking for 'compensation' for putting effort in.

As it stands now, let's say reaching the LT (25CP) reward for a 3 day event requires a total of X hours. If you're only able to put X/2 hours in an event, that means after 2 events you will also have invested X hours... But your rewards will be **** in both events.

That feels unfair, and it also hurts steady progression a lot.

(A different approach based on the current progression system I have seen mentioned by someone on the forums: instead of a single 25 CP node as final progression point, spread the CP rewards over the entire ladder, for example 1-1-2-3-3-5-10)