Things i've noticed making a bit of a comeback

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
And happening lot more then they have in the last little while

1. incredibly poorly placed countdown tiles. the kind that get matched right away. or are put in completely useless spots, like scarlett witch's blue getting put in a corner or along the edge.

2. the wild, out of nowhere, **** type cascades that seem too convenient to be random.

Comments

• Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    goes in stages I find.

What I have noticed a lot recently is that since being forced to only use a few combos, I have been using IM40 a lot, however at least 80% of the starting boards have no yellow moves or indeed normally only 3-4 yellow tiles. When not using him the reverse seems to be true.
  • jredd
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    goes in stages I find.

What I have noticed a lot recently is that since being forced to only use a few combos, I have been using IM40 a lot, however at least 80% of the starting boards have no yellow moves or indeed normally only 3-4 yellow tiles. When not using him the reverse seems to be true.

i find the same thing using falcon. no blues off the jump.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep! Totally agree with the OP.

Every goon node, the goons CDs get placed in places where I can match them easily. I like to use jg against SW and the AIs SW cd does keep getting placed in a corner or matched away. Very frustrating to not get jgs passive to trigger.

I wondered if others were getting the same crazy **** cascades I was getting. Glad it's not just me. Especially been easy first moves with my initial match 5 cascading into multiple match 5s. I've been firing first turn moves like crazy.

Wonder if d3 feels bad about the scaling and giving us players extra cascades and easy goon CD placements to make up for it?
  • jredd
    Options
    Yep! Totally agree with the OP.

Every goon node, the goons CDs get placed in places where I can match them easily. I like to use jg against SW and the AIs SW cd does keep getting placed in a corner or matched away. Very frustrating to not get jgs passive to trigger.

I wondered if others were getting the same crazy **** cascades I was getting. Glad it's not just me. Especially been easy first moves with my initial match 5 cascading into multiple match 5s. I've been firing first turn moves like crazy.

Wonder if d3 feels bad about the scaling and giving us players extra cascades and easy goon CD placements to make up for it?

i was referring to the cascades going against me. but hey, if it's working out for you, that's fantastic.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He knew what you meant.
  • jredd
    Options
    apparently my sarcasm detector was busted yesterday
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've noticed several times now that sw count down tile like to spawn and overwrite critical tiles.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    goes in stages I find.

Same for me. I've used im40 lcap almost exclusively for last two pve and I'm running at a little over 80% non yellow starting boards. Averaging 6.5 yellow tiles at start with no matches available. Conveniently, when I switch to fistbuster it becomes a pink starved board.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    Yeah, the AI is cheating, but only sometimes. They give you a break for a few weeks then rewrite code to bring back the cheating.

You guys know how stupid this sounds?
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    Yeah, the AI is cheating, but only sometimes. They give you a break for a few weeks then rewrite code to bring back the cheating.

You guys know how stupid this sounds?

At no point did I say the game was cheating. I simply gave information based on data I've been tracking.