Developers Challenge

Options
Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I would like to challenge the developers to play a PvE event from start to finish:

Taking an above average strength roster (I have 7 x 4* champed - all the older, weaker ones, Electra,IW etc. & all 3* champed (all nerfed)) please try to complete a PvE event. I'm not asking for top 10 placement merely enough to get solid top 100, ie:

7 Clears of each node during each 24 hour period (to gain all rewards) facing an average of Lv 280-300 any combination of Jugs, Moonstone, Daken & Bullseye. Repeat for each 7 days of the event.

Whilst doing this challenge, ask yourselves these questions:

1) what percentage of your roster are you using (Predicted answer: 10%)

2) Was you able to complete with only 10 health packs & still be able to compete in PvP (Predicted answer: No)

3) How much time did it take (Predicted answer: Too Long)

4) Are you enjoying the experience (Predicted answer: No)

In summary, if you arrive at the predicted answers, ie: "I'm using a tiny fraction of my roster, it's taking me forever & it's impossible to do & I'm hating every moment of it" please ask yourselves another question:

Is PvE in a good way at the moment?

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    I would like to challenge the developers to play a PvE event from start to finish:

Taking an above average strength roster (I have 7 x 4* champed - all the older, weaker ones, Electra,IW etc. & all 3* champed (all nerfed)) please try to complete a PvE event. I'm not asking for top 10 placement merely enough to get solid top 100, ie:

7 Clears of each node during each 24 hour period (to gain all rewards) facing an average of Lv 280-300 any combination of Jugs, Moonstone, Daken & Bullseye. Repeat for each 7 days of the event.

7 clears of each node in each 24 hour period is more than enough for top 50, let alone top 100. IIRC, I did 3-6 of each node in EotS (making sure to do 6 of each wave node), and I ended up easily in the top 100. 4 clears of each node for this one should be enough to make top 100 (i.e. not much different than any other PvE).
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druss wrote:

2) Was you able to complete with only 10 health packs & still be able to compete in PvP (Predicted answer: No)

Players need to decide if they want to be competitive in either versus or story unless they are willing to purchase health packs, it's the nature of the game and health packs are one of many pay gates. Versus offers better rewards for time but story events are better for developing players and top 100 rewards are okay for those who have a middling roster. As has been mentioned it is possible to rank top 100 on a slightly more casual playing style.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The real test will come when we face this format in
    A release event or
    For characters players actually care about
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    The real test will come when we face this format in
    A release event or
    For characters players actually care about

And then, when that happens and we all need to play as much as possible to win 2-3 covers (which is basically 5-6h in a row for every sub), vet players will basically abandon the game, and PvE will slowly die.

I like what this thread propose, I really doubt any dev has tried to be top10 with a 4 roster with this new format, having to play for hours in a row, with the same team all the time, without easy nodes and for **** rewards in half the nodes. Devs NEED to try what they are imposing, lets share the 'fun' with them
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Are they allowed to play while they're at work?