Best defense team?

Options
I know 5b spider can dominate all. However, what defense team gets you the most wins??

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood, C Magneto, Punisher

It's rainbow. It has C Mag's annoying red ability that is a cascade waiting to happen. It has Magneto's purple game over ability. It has passive AP steal.

Hood, Patch, OBW

All your blue are belong to us. If you are one to lean on Spiderman then this is your worst nightmare. If Patch pops berserk and a cascade happens your opponent's mobile device will be thrown across the room. You need to deny every colour except black and yellow and they will steal them anyhow.

IM40, Ragnarok, Hulk.
    Yeah we're probably not going to kill you, but your grandchildren will still be hacking away at our HP.
  • Patch/Panther/x. Best on offense. Best on defense.
  • Patch/Panther/x. Best on offense. Best on defense.

I actually love attacking 141 patch. He speeds the game up for me.
  • Hood/Spiderman +1 damage dealer who doesn't use blue is a risk to attack cause there are 2 targets you really want to kill cause they mess up your own ability to do damage and they'll often save the yellow for twin pistols and not blow their web tiles with web bandages. you can potentially get stun locked fairly well by spidey if the board gets a lot of blues on it.

Patch with anyone who makes attack tiles easily (psylocke or punisher's black for example) can get you a few wins on defense because those attack tiles are devastating if patch has used beserk rage and people don't often use tile removal heroes in PvP.

In the end though, the attacker's advantage is huge so you're supposedly decent defense team will lose to trash icon_e_smile.gif.
  • Patch/BP/Hulk would be good for a chance at strike tile mayhem plus the health to do some damage with it, or IM40/BP/Hulk, for 25K health worth of "are you sure you want to be unshielded for this long?"
  • bonfire01 wrote:

In the end though, the attacker's advantage is huge so you're supposedly decent defense team will lose to trash icon_e_smile.gif.

Yep, and add the fact that the attacker can boost... You can get taken down by pretty much anyone. We should ask for a boost removal from pvp (along with Spiderman removal icon_lol.gif )
  • Eddiemon wrote:

IM40, Ragnarok, Hulk.
    Yeah we're probably not going to kill you, but your grandchildren will still be hacking away at our HP.

Replace im40 with punisher and it'll be same scenario except that they can kill. Hehe
  • I've been beaten a few times by a Patch/Punisher/Spidey.

It forces the AI to make matches on Red/Green/Blue/Yellow .. all which can cause havok against you if you let the AI build them up. Even if the AI matches purples, that's going to help their survivability a few more rounds.

If Patch gets his green off and Spidey has been denying you some blue .. it can mean lights out for your team in a hurry. If you deny green/blue, then the AI can build up red/yellow and it can be equally infuriating as they are healing and throwing down damage via Molotov's or Best There Is.
  • Patch/BP/Hulk would be good for a chance at strike tile mayhem plus the health to do some damage with it, or IM40/BP/Hulk, for 25K health worth of "are you sure you want to be unshielded for this long?"

My only problem with that is the artificial stupidity seems to prioritize hulk's **** green over beserk rage and players ignore hulk til last and avoid getting swamped by anger. So as long as you don't let the AI get a ton of reds or blacks up it's probably not that terrible.

Would probably work better to swap Hulk for anyone who doesn't have a green. That way you can hopefully get that beserk rage into BP's black free win.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well regardless you see a fully leveled Hulk you are at least going to think twice, that's a lot of HP to eat through and it just takes the right cascade from his Anger to spell your doom. If I saw a Lvl 141 Hulk and a Lvl 141 Patch I'm probably going to pass. You will go through a lot with either of those guys, and if you have an AoE spell, like Punisher, Thor, etc. you are going to trigger the Hulk, and that's very, very bad. Then if they had a Hood, I would pass for sure, that's a very annoying triumviant of characters I wouldn't want to go against. By the time you take out hood, you might be eating a Patch Green or Red, and with a Hulk you defnitely hurt a Punisher, because you make him leary of using black.
  • bonfire01 wrote:
    Patch/BP/Hulk would be good for a chance at strike tile mayhem plus the health to do some damage with it, or IM40/BP/Hulk, for 25K health worth of "are you sure you want to be unshielded for this long?"

My only problem with that is the artificial stupidity seems to prioritize hulk's tinykitty green over beserk rage and players ignore hulk til last and avoid getting swamped by anger. So as long as you don't let the AI get a ton of reds or blacks up it's probably not that terrible.

Would probably work better to swap Hulk for anyone who doesn't have a green. That way you can hopefully get that beserk rage into BP's black free win.

Yeah, with that lineup I'm not counting on Berzerker Rage on D. There's always a chance, though. Patch is still worth considering compared to IM40 given the health regen. Patch also makes it hard to save up AP to one-turn Hulk, because you have to save up to one-turn Patch first, or face a potential Best There Is while he controls all the tiles.

Still mostly moot when stun-locking is an option, but hey - that may be (read: I'd bet a significant sum of money on it) changing soon!

For me, defense isn't about anything but the last few hours of a tourney when everyone is looking for fast and easy points. Any time I'm scrambling for points, I want to make anyone attacking me think twice about how long they'll have to be out of shields to hit me.