Invisible woman's invisibility tile not placing [merged]

Nabistay
Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
When I fire invisible woman's yellow ability, she sometimes does not place an invisibility tile.

Example:
My team:
Quicksilver lvl 243 boosted, [dead]
Sam Wilson Cap lvl 180 boosted, [2707 life]
Invis Woman lvl 154, [3370 life]

Them:
ragnarock lvl 181 [7112 life]
Venom 1* lvl 180 [7610 life]
Thug lvl 180 [dead]

I have 5 yellow covers for IW. there are 4 locked team up tiles on the board. one was locked by QS.

I fire the yellow ability with 5 yellow tiles on the board. four tiles flash and get shield tiles, and then one of the shield tiles flashes again. None of my characters are invisible.

I will upload a screenshot when I access this page from my device (samsung s6, verizon)

Ugh. It happened again this fight. Just IW vs Venom. Now have so many shields. No invis though. I lost because of this bug.. grumble

Comments

• I'm getting the same problem, it's quite frustrating when she's clearly meant to be used during the current event. At first I thought it was my fault as I used it when there was less than 5 free yellow tiles, but even when there was loads of free tiles I still only got the 4 shields and no invisibility
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wonder if this issue is related to the not stealing yellow ap (hood, obw, blade, etc)? something up with yellow abilities?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No it's probably just that the invisibility tile places after the protect tiles, so if there aren't enough Yellow tiles you don't get one.
  • Entropic
    Entropic Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    In my case her invis only places one shield tile and I had plenty of other yellow tiles available for the invis tile. Same behavior, flashed and placed the yellow shield tile. Then that shield tile flashed but no invis tile was placed on the board. 100% repro.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ooooh, like it's trying to place the invisibility tile ON one of the yellow protect tiles, which then fails. Well that sucks.
  • Ran Invisible Woman in The Big Enchilada today (because when the hell else am I going to play her?) and noticed an error with invisibility tile placement. I fired her yellow, her shields popped, and then one shield tile highlighted like the invisitile does when it's placed but, since there was already a shield there, no invisitile was placed and she remained staunchly visible. There were open yellow tiles on the board, so it's not as if there was nowhere to place the tile. Has anyone else noticed this? Did Howard's invisibility skill break the bag lady?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I had this happen today. I thought it was because IW was trying to turn a stunned character invisible (he became unstunned but no Invisibility tile was created--there were plenty of yellow tiles available).

Looks like she is just trying to overwrite her own tiles. Sucks.
  • Jaedenkaal
    I had IW use invisibility against me today and she successfully made Blade invisible (Big Enchilada). Perhaps this was fixed in the patch?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    No; just today I fired the power twice in one match: it worked once and failed once.

Presumably Howard caused a code change, e.g., "selectRandomYellowBasicTile" got accidentally changed to "selectRandomYellowTile". So sometimes it picks tiles that are already blocked by Protects and fails.

It's possible the bug is also happening with Howard's purple power and we just haven't seen it because he's so new.
  • Jaedenkaal
    I doubt we'll see it with Howard because he only places one kind of tile, which would all check for a clear location at the same time. The IW script is apparently checking for an invisibility tile location without taking into account which tiles will be (but are not yet) converted to protect tiles.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Happened twice to me the other day too. Seems to try to put invisibilty tile on top of a protect tile and fails. There were free yellow tiles available at the time. I'm on iPad Air 2, btw.