why is there a suggestions board?

Options
ammenell
ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
im on day 300something, and reading the forums since last summer.
some people here joined 2014, some even 2013.

my question to those veterans:
did the devs implement ANY suggestions that have been made by ANY user on the forums?
i know, there is a suggestions board and people suggest the tinykitty out of that.

but... did they implement anything?
i see lots of good suggestions for every topic - iso flow, new characters, reward structure, scaling, ...
now with the second pve test, which seems to ignore 27 pages of suggestions for the last pve test, i really start to wonder why people still put time in posting suggestions, some of them even highly detailed.

dont know, perhaps there was another time when players and devs were somehow connected and even interacted with each other and the suggestions board is a relict of that long gone era?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Supposedly the developers read the suggestions forum. They obviously don't implement every suggestions and rarely if ever respond, but it's there for their convenience as I understand it. They have done quite a few changes that were requested, such as respecing, time slices and removing the 20 ISO reward. Other changes like true healing were less well received but in the long run led to a better game.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I post numerous suggestions per week, but I don't expect most of them to be done. Some of them however catch on and get a lot of responses and likes. Those are the ones the devs would be more likely to implement.

I am proud though that I made a suggestion that we should be able to receive all fb gifts at once, so it makes a single server pull, instead of getting each gift one at a time (which can take 5-10 minutes or more, especially if you're in a place with bad internet). And they implemented that. It may or may not have had to do with the fact that I requested it, but I'm still happy that it happened.

Also if you go here, you'll see some suggestions that have been implemented:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38700
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A month or so ago, I posted a question about rewards during a new character PVE. The placement rewards in PVE award at least a 3 star cover for t200. This is, I believe, a fairly recent increase from a 2* cover for 150-200. However, for a few rounds of new character PVE, the reward for 150-200 was a 2* under this "new" system.

So I put up a post asking why not give the top 200 at least a 3* under both new character and normal PVE. There were a few comments but it wasn't a hot topic.

The next new character PVE had a change - unannounced but appreciated - expanding the 3* reward. So someone read it and thought it was a good idea. The right someone, apparently.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    Yes! A few months back I posted about balancing out your trash tier characters, and why it would be good for the game. They then rebalanced Quicksilver, 3* Ironman, and Quicksilver, all considered trash tier characters. This was after months of never buffing anyone. The devs listen, and SOMETIMES do the suggestions. We forget as players that an invitation to state ideas does not mean a necessary acceptance of them.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple of my suggestions have been implemented, most haven't. The developers do read that sub forum but have a policy not to react to any suggestions.