Umm... did I cause a glitch in the Matrix... (****? LT Draw)

jobob
jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Deja Vu... Also, let me say up front that this is NOT an April Fool's post.

BTW, these were all pulled last night within less than a minute, in a stretch of about 7 pulls.

Anyone want to guess what the only color I DON'T need for Phoenix is? Yep... green.

Now I get that random is random... but Jeez... I was honestly wondering if I accidentally pulled off some exploit that I am unaware of. Now I am wondering what to do with them... I am still 2 covers away from being able to champ her... I hate to sell them for only 8k ISO... don't know if rostering a dupe would really help.

0hlDV0H.jpg

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    woooooooooow
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    7/7 of legendary pulls today were yellow covers for me.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    You might as well start a new Phoenix with those pulls. WOW that is a lot of 5* from your pulls.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    start a new phoenix. that's way beyond where I'm at in the game, so I can't speak from experience, but I would think that a second 5* would be worth way more than 8k iso
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could try to contact Customer Service to see if they will allow you to change the colors to the ones you actually need.
    April Fools: Like they would help you icon_lol.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could try to contact Customer Service to see if they will allow you to change the colors to the ones you actually need.
    April Fools: Like they would help you icon_lol.gif
    I had a buddy do this, and they told him to make a dupe and then contact them when he was able to max the character and they would break it back up for him to add the champion covers.

This was a couple weeks ago and it seems they've changed their policy on breaking apart dupes and are refusing all requests...that said emailing customer support is 100% the right thing to do in this case. Can't hurt, might help.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    2179153-18079_26016.gif

MISTER Anderson.... I see you have an interest in Jean Grey. Do you... understand... what this means, Mr. Anderson? One of these tokens has a future.... and one does not.
  • AE_Fios
    AE_Fios Posts: 39
    They did something behind the scenes to fix the rerolling tokens exploit. Now if you re-roll a token (even on accident when the game doesn't save properly) you get the same cover. You appear to be stuck on that cover. Which was probably great until you maxed green. Contact tech support.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    hqdefault.jpg

You hear that Miss Grey?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of wasted tokens... Goodbye, Miss Grey...
  • jobob
    So do you guys really think CS would help with this?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So who wants to be the one to post how ridiculously negligible the odds of getting 4 dupe 5*s out of 7 pulls are, so wirius can tell us the real problem is that we just don't understand probability?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    So who wants to be the one to post how ridiculously negligible the odds of getting 4 dupe 5*s out of 7 pulls are, so wirius can tell us the real problem is that we just don't understand probability?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI#t=6m19s
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    The pulls are always "random streaky". I will pull 50% one character for a week or two and then not pull them for awhile. Unfortunately for me I seem to get the worse players, especially Cho. Just another example of how broken the system is. Congrats on at least a getting a good streak, too bad it was not colors you needed.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, and I thought I had a good streak this season. Definitely something streaky going on with tokens these days. Lucky you! Indeed, contact CS. It cannot hurt...unless you act like an idiot and swear at them. That is behavior which I cannot put past far too many of the locals here, sadly.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    The odds of pulling 4/7 5* + all 4 being the same 5* + all 4 being the same color = easier to win the mega-lotto

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark....
  • jobob
    No luck with CS... Was very nice...

Response #1 - cut & paste "you can check the odds by clicking the '?' on the pack screen."

....Asked if they even read my question

Response #2 - Canned response, but added "You are always in touch with a human. We will pass along your feedback. I have personally added it to the database."

...Said thanks, but that doesn't answe my question

Response #3 - "Unfortunately, we are no longer offering the service to convert duplicate characters into comic covers for the Champion Level."

...Said thanks, reminded them that I just need the one cover to be converted so that all 5 don't expire...

I am pretty sure I am just going to get told to screw myself... But, it was worth a shot.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if your device glitched.

The covers are generated through a random number probably generated by your device, often based on time as a random seed. Maybe your clock froze...