I must have bad taste

Options
xdogg
xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Of all the Women of Power covers they're only keeping X-23 and Devil Dino's, Devil Dino's, really? I think that one sucks and there were a few others I really liked.

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Devil Dino was a real surprise. Super happy that they decided to keep X-23, though, as that was the biggest improvement IMO. Really happy they didn't keep She-Hulk as I really didn't like the new version.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My brother pointed out that Moon Girl looks like someone pasted a man's face on it. Now I can't unsee it.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    priorities.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a shame that more of them aren't going to be kept, for me the only ones that weren't at least as good as their previous ones were dino, shulk, widow and captain marvel.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RIP Moon Boy. Maybe one day you'll get the love you deserve.

I'm surprised Scarlet Witch's cover didn't win. I didn't vote for it, as I like the idea of the cover being a character's first appearance, but it was a very nice looking character shot and seemed to preferred, at least on the forum.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Meh, the only Jack Kirby cover we had, gone away.
    I understand that MPQ follows directly the ongoings of Marvel, but DevilDino being a "special" character made it perfect for an homage to The King. Double proper if you think old drawers are considered dinosaurs now icon_razz.gif
    This change has made me frown, but well, people called. At least they didnt have a Liefeld one!!!!!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would have also liked to keep S.Witch and S.Hulk, probably licensing issues.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shame they don't rotate the covers more often, do a few per patch perhaps, there are 1000's of classic covers out there so it would be nice if they got to show off more of them.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, I agree. Replacing a Kirby drawing with this mediocre piece of art is an awful choice.

Seems to me like either Marvel is pushing their more recent version, or there were a lot more teens without a sense of history voting on that poll than I would have expected, in which case they should be getting off my lawn.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What concerns me is that icon_spidergwen.png wasn't mentioned for keeping the new cover. Wasn't everyone agreeing the original was a total eyesore?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAC169 wrote:
    What concerns me is that icon_spidergwen.png wasn't mentioned for keeping the new cover. Wasn't everyone agreeing the original was a total eyesore?
    I voted for the original cover because the WoP cover was just a shot of her midriff and she's not even in costume. The original cover was a much better representation of her superhero character.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The loss of the Kirby Devil Dino cover cuts deep.
    I'm fairly happy with the change for X-23.
    Would have loved the Elektra cover to stick around.

Edit:
    DAC169 wrote:

Oh yes. Those blobby fingers - Ugh!
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    My brother pointed out that Moon Girl looks like someone pasted a man's face on it. Now I can't unsee it.

I noticed that right away too! It's seriously disturbing. icon_lol.gif
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAC169 wrote:
    I voted for the original cover because the WoP cover was just a shot of her midriff and she's not even in costume. The original cover was a much better representation of her superhero character.
    her original cover is her and OH-DEAR-GOD-MY-EYES-ARE-BLEEDING!!
    even worse? SHE KINDA CAMOS!
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Would have loved the Elektra cover to stick around.

The Elektra cover came from an old PC game called Marvel Ultimate Alliance. They just cropped it to keep the lower right of the full image.

I tend to like the full comic book covers, so I am glad they kept the classic switch. The nose on the new one was a little too literal in its witch-like appearance.