Rank in Shield Simulator

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What does your rank in the Simulator mean? I don't see any placement prizes, so does that have to do with anything? Do you get anything if you place high?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bragging rights. They stated a long time ago because of the code used it needed to have a placement or they would have to rewrite the whole thing. It was easier to just show placement than make it 100% individual. It would be nice to see your alliance in the sim though is you can see how your alliance is going to finish for the season though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope. They just cannibalized the scoring system from regular PvP events were rank does matter.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's useful to build up rank if you are shooting for high season rewards, I imagine. Otherwise, just as wym said, bragging rights. 3k+ in the Sim is a little much for me, but I can see how it would help season placement.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It indicates how big a target you have made of yourself icon_lol.gif

This is spot on. The higher you get the more hits you are going to take. Just the nature of the beast...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It indicates how big a target you have made of yourself icon_lol.gif

I love making myself a target. After a slew of hits, it's time to start queueing 70 point targets again.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I love making myself a target. After a slew of hits, it's time to start queueing 70 point targets again.
    if pve heads where it looks like its heading, this might be my pseudo-replacement for pve iso lost next season. I've yoyo'ed some but pve might free up some extra time for lots of it next season.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Player ranking is so hard wired into the code it has to be in every single event, this is why we see it in Deadpools Daily Quest and Gauntlet story event. The only way around it is to rewrite all the code from the ground up, this was confirmed by IceIX many moons ago.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for the responses! I will start ignoring that number then! icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It helps me to see when my high score opponents will taper down, especially if I'm climbing early. I see myself getting closer to top 150, my points in the nodes will get smaller and smaller, so you stop and wait for your placement to drop. The more people ahead of you in placement, the juicier the targets are going to be.