Options
TheHueyFreeman
TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've got a below average team of
85 2* wolverine
69 OBW (can't get the covers for her)
85 punisher (or 69 Thor)

I have the iso (40k) and covers to get punisher to 110-120 but am afraid that it will get me stuck fighting all lv 90+ teams since I'm not entirely sure how the matchups are done. Does anyone have experience on this? Should I level punisher or hold off?

Comments

• MMR is not at all based on your roster, it's based on your performance. If you do nothing but win with your current team, you will eventually face harder foes. If you level Punisher to 100+ and do nothing but lose, you will face easier teams.
  • AFAIK mmr has absolutely nothing to do with your team composition or characters levels. It only cares about matches won/lost (possibly adjusted by mmr of opponent). Not leveling heroes just makes your life harder.

better read up on tanking.
  • MMR is only effected by performance. It works that same as any hidden Elo system. The opponents you see available to attack in PvP nodes are those around your MMR and current ranking (usually).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You might have confused this with PvE scaling. We know that PvE for whatever reason takes your roster into account in some way, but the levels of your guys will not have any impact on PvP.
  • How sure are we that character level doesn't affect MMR? During Oscorp Heroic I put a huge infusion of my stored ISO into my characters, and went from seeing mostly lvl 40-50 teams in all of my previous PVP events to seeing mostly lvl 85 teams in literally the next PVP I entered. I didn't know the MMR/ranking/system stuff at the time so I didn't think much about it then, but now that I think about it, I wonder...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    How sure are we that character level doesn't affect MMR? During Oscorp Heroic I put a huge infusion of my stored ISO into my characters, and went from seeing mostly lvl 40-50 teams in all of my previous PVP events to seeing mostly lvl 85 teams in literally the next PVP I entered. I didn't know the MMR/ranking/system stuff at the time so I didn't think much about it then, but now that I think about it, I wonder...
    How well did you perform in that tournament?