Daily Legendary Battles

FadeToOne
FadeToOne Posts: 25
I'm a former pseudo-hardcore player turned casual about a year ago who has a compulsive desire to collect the characters and improve them at a reasonable pace. The Deadpool legendary battles, command points and champion system certainly has improved things and somewhat renewed my interest, but there's still a huge level of effort and time required to build 4* characters if you aren't churning out 1000 point PVP runs grinding out super high ranks.

The thing that really bugs me, as I'm sure it does a lot of people, is the Deadpool legendary battles. You need a fairly decent covered/leveled character to have a chance, and now with around 30 4* characters, there's a 5 month cycle through them all at the 5 day interval, before throwing more new characters in at the end.

Why can't we transition to having these legendary battles once a day instead of every 5? At least then the 4 or 5 characters I have that can win each get a monthly or so chance of pulling me a new cover, instead of having to wait half a year. Face it, the people who already have a viable versions of the newer 4* characters probably play too much to begin with and have enough covers to remain hardcore.

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    One per day is too much for whales/veterans. On the other side, newcomers dont have a chance to get legendary token with the amount of 4* rotating.
    How about this: Legendary token mission will be available each day, but every time you win the token, you lose Whale Bait. What is whale bait good for? Well, you can have maximally 3 of them and you get one bait per, lets say 5 days. Without bait, you can do the mission, but you get points only- no LT.

This idea will allow new players to fight with their high level 4* covers more frequently, BUT whales/veterans wont get LT every day.
    Fair enough i think.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    there are enough 4s for it to be every other day. unfortunately that doesn't line up with their 5-day schedule very well. I think 2 of the 5 days would help a ton.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    They currently run 8 blocks of 5x 3* chracters with the Crash node on the 5th day. They could easily revise it to be 10 blocks of 4 which would increase the frequency somewhat. They could even juggle the order a little bit so the same 20 characters were sweet v. savory so that tacos continued to only be good for the same characters...

They could do duos, where the node came up every other day... that also seems to be straight-forward. And less hectic that every day.

I would love to see a 2nd sub for the legendary days instead of it just being one node that was dropped into the normal map.
  • Darkoes1
    Darkoes1 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    veny wrote:
    One per day is too much for whales/veterans. On the other side, newcomers dont have a chance to get legendary token with the amount of 4* rotating.
    How about this: Legendary token mission will be available each day, but every time you win the token, you lose Whale Bait. What is whale bait good for? Well, you can have maximally 3 of them and you get one bait per, lets say 5 days. Without bait, you can do the mission, but you get points only- no LT.

This idea will allow new players to fight with their high level 4* covers more frequently, BUT whales/veterans wont get LT every day.
    Fair enough i think.
    Wait how is whaling still a thing? We have to use command points to level specific covers and you can't directly buy enough cp to even level a 3* without dumping 300 bucks. Or has the term whaling changed some?
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Sure, instead of awarding LT's, have them award 4* covers. Then once a week do the LT. Shouldn't be an issue.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Darkoes1 wrote:
    Wait how is whaling still a thing? We have to use command points to level specific covers and you can't directly buy enough cp to even level a 3* without dumping 300 bucks. Or has the term whaling changed some?
    Whales = people who spend tons of money in game (i hope icon_e_biggrin.gif)
    4* are not only from LTs - they can be gained from PvE/PvP tokens. Plus, you can get CPs/LTs from promoting 3* or 4* champions who are being ugraded faster if you buy tokens...