Champion covers req'd to level up?

Options
The Finn
The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, After taking almost two years off I got the urge to reinstall the game and check things out.

First learning: Wow my old roster of a couple of maxed 3*s is pretty useless now. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Second, the champion idea seems pretty neat. But is there a list of what covers are required to level up the first few levels?

I blew some ISO to champion cmags and m. Thor before understanding how it actually works. With ISO in very short supply, randomly unlocking champion without a cover to level up makes little sense.

I tried searching but couldn't find a post that lists this--can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    1 cover 1 level
  • The Finn
    Options
    Thanks Chief--to clarify are you saying any of the 3 covers work? Doesn't have to be a specific one? Ah good to know thanks.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup, any cover.
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    Options
    Also, the benefit you get for Championing (without any extra covers) is the ability to respec your covers whenever you want at no cost. So it's not a total waste to champion a character without having an extra cover on hand.

Also note that the initial iso cost for championing is eventually recuperated from champion rewards. In other words
    total iso rewards from maxing a champion = (# of champion levels * cover sell price) + champion promotion cost

example (2*):
    Total champion iso rewards 17,500iso = (50 levels * 250iso sell price) + 5,000iso promotion
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was not what you asked, so you may know this, but: champing certain characters gives you covers for the next level up. There are lists on the forum. For example, in your case, consider champing 2* mags and Thor first to get more covers for your 3* champs.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf wrote:
    This was not what you asked, so you may know this, but: champing certain characters gives you covers for the next level up. There are lists on the forum. For example, in your case, consider champing 2* mags and Thor first to get more covers for your 3* champs.
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37687

It's in the Tips and Guides forum, but inexplicably hasn't been stickied yet.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37687

It's in the Tips and Guides forum, but inexplicably hasn't been stickied yet.
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

Sometimes.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Finn wrote:
    Hi, After taking almost two years off I got the urge to reinstall the game and check things out.

First learning: Wow my old roster of a couple of maxed 3*s is pretty useless now. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Wait, almost 2 years off? The game's been out for 2.5 years. How big could your roster have been 6 months into the game's existence? o___0
  • The Finn
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info! Good to know that ISO limitations not withstanding, championing offers compelling benefits.

My roster was not that impressive at all. Only had 4 max cover + max level 3*--cmag, punisher, mthor and capt. But I was playing a LOT. Obsessive amounts, waking in the middle of the night to place top 10 and gain all the sweet sweet rewards.

After my son was born I had to give it up. But now I'll probably try to play 'casually' icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Finn
    Options
    Whoops shouldn't have nuked my max cover rags to make room for shiny new pretties. Wish I saw that list earlier!