Make Alliances Matter

Arphaxad
Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
An alliance should be more than a group of players that come together to collect rank rewards. MPQ should encourage an alliance to stick together, through thick and thin, to support each other and grow together. Currently alliance members jump from one alliance to another depending on what even is ending in order to maximize alliance reward opportunities with no care for who else in that alliance, it is all about numbers. I suggest a change to alliance point calculation that would reward alliances that work together as a team.

During an event, story mode or versus, the only points that count toward the alliance rewards are those points earned by a player while a member of that alliance.

This would discourage a player from leaving an alliance once the event has started. It would encourage an alliance to get to know each other and know they will work together to make sure each member is doing their part to help the alliance as a whole.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Another reason people alliance jump that you didn't mention is buyer's clubs. Anything you affix to this 'loyalty' spiff would need to be able to overcome the CP that can be gained from jumping alliances to buy, and that's gonna be hard to beat.

Another observation is that my group has 3 teams that play PVP but only 20 of us typically enjoy PVE enough to play at a decent level. I'm not sure that you approve of this type of shifting, but I am presenting it to suggest there there might be shades of gray with considering in this black-and-white problem.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    I suggest a change to alliance point calculation that would reward alliances that work together as a team.

During an event, story mode or versus, the only points that count toward the alliance rewards are those points earned by a player while a member of that alliance.
    If this was how it worked, imagine this:

Create two alliances for your team. Your "push" alliance and your "dump" alliance. Whenever you're on the offensive, you join the "push" alliance to score over there. When you're going to take a break (but aren't shielding), move over to the "dump" alliance. Then, before the end of the event, everyone except a dummy placeholder account leaves the "dump" alliance.

It's the perfect crime!