Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Red Hulk

Options
2»

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    1/2/1 @ 94. Kinda didn't think I would get it done, but hulk at 222 made all the difference.

I did three practice runs just to learn the best strategies. And then three more real attempts with full hp match damage boosts. It was still a close thing. At lvl 94 I only have 6.6k health, so every red/green/black match against me really hurt, and a long match could kill me on match damage alone.

It took a very lucky board (opened up with a match 5 red for me that took off 3.5k before the ai even got a move), and even so I still only had 800 health left when I finally one.

Same. 1/2/1 @94 got it on the 3rd try. 100% all, 50% r/y & b/p. Got a couple lucky crits. He got to 14 red but only had 89 health left so I was able to take him down with the only available match - TUs.

Deny red.
    Deny red.
    Deny red.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 195 3/5/5 had no problem first attempt, no boosts. Got an Iceman green from the token, which was nice.

Wolveroach's level 111 0/1/4 possibly won't be quite as successful.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I suspected, my maxed Rulk had no problems. Even started at half health and still won easily.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wolveroach can definitely get it done with liberal use of damage boosts, but expect to use 15-30 +20% match damage boosts waiting for a good board.

Udonmefoo:

I went with the same boosting strategy. Rulk is annoying as he has 1 color in each of the three iso boosts. Leaving out green seems like the way to go since the optimal strategy is definitely to let hulk match green, and then just siphon it away as necessary (especially for rulks with a weak green).

So my optimal match strategy was

1) deny red
    2) keep denying red!
    3) collect purple
    4) collect green
    5) deny black matches
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fourth try for me with my oddly covered 5/3/1 Red Hulk. He was still at level 70, so I leveled him to 120 for the first attempt.
    Level 120: Fail
    Level 132: Fail
    Level 147: Fail
    Level 174: win!

His red is pretty **** even at five covers - I don't think I received even a single cascade from any of the Seeing Red countdowns that resolved, over all four attempts.

Sadly, my efforts yielded a black Mr. F. icon_cry.gif
    At least it wasn't Turd Hulk! There's always that.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to do two attempts at this run, but overall it was easy. Used no boosts.

First run, I gathered enough for one high damage Green. But then the board had no Green or Purple left, so I lost with Hulk left at 50%. Second run, the board was very purple friendly. Once again, gathered enough Green for big damage, using one Purple. And I still enough for two more Purple, so it was just a matter of time before a gathered the rest. Won with 75% health left.

Got a blackflag.pngicon_venom.png which was sold since mine is 0/5/2. Sigh.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was super easy, because my rhulk is fully covered and was almost championed at the time (is now championed).

Pretty cool that they never adjusted hulk and left him at 222, so it was even easier.

Hey, has d3 released a statement about how many new 4*s they'll put into crash before going back to xfw?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Hey, has d3 released a statement about how many new 4*s they'll put into crash before going back to xfw?
    It wasn't announced last time, so I don't Think it will be announced this time. Some code cracker might be able to see in advance who is planned though.
    I expect Cho, Miles, Eddie and Sam at least gets a DDQ challenge this time. Gwen I am not sure about. Quake and Punisher are probably still too new.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try unboosted with a 1/5/5 level 233 RHulk. Wasn't even close. Thing yellowflag.png with the token, my first yellow for him.