Things we like about PVE

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We made a few statements about what we didn't like about the new test pve. So instead, let's talk about what we do like about PVE. I'll start.

* It's a pretty easy way to earn extra ISO.
* If you commit to 3-4 clears per day, you can win 25 CP.
* You can often win a few extra CP if you play the hard and 4* required nodes enough.
* Event tokens give chances to win rare covers, plus you may win some hp too.

A good pve's total time commitment is what around 1-2 hours per day at the very max?

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    what is your roster like?
    you can fit 3-4 clears per sub, including winning the cps into 1-2h?
    doesnt work with a 3* roster for me.

there is just way more to rant about.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only thing I have to add is with the old/current/non-test system, it is fun to be able to use different combinations and strategies. sometimes the hardest 2-3 nodes get a little restrictive, but all the rest, essentials included, can get different combos and still work. I grind top down and last night when I finished the hard and essentials I cleared to green checks on all the trivials with a different character group (3 characters I had not yet used) for every match, making over 40 different characters to clear those out, making my total characters used in the event around 60. I find that very engaging and get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your score never goes down...
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No need to worry about getting hit as in PVP, so no OH GOD OH GOD MATCH FASTER MATCH FASTERRRRRRRRRRR feeling.

...everyone else gets that too, right?
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    No need to worry about getting hit as in PVP, so no OH GOD OH GOD MATCH FASTER MATCH FASTERRRRRRRRRRR feeling.

Not quite. Ever been chasing t2 or t10 placement at the end of the event and have a match drag on forever? Speed is just as much of an element in top-tier PVE placement as it is in PVP.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Not quite. Ever been chasing t2 or t10 placement at the end of the event and have a match drag on forever? Speed is just as much of an element in top-tier PVE placement as it is in PVP.
    for the top 1/2% to 1% maybe. and a slow match might cost you a placement or 2. in pvp, speed is required for a full 10% of the veteran bracket and a slow match can cost you over a hundred points and dozens of placement spots. but you're right, pve is not completely devoid of needing speed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    but you're right, pve is not completely devoid of needing speed.
    I used to blame other people's **** rosters for me losing PvE... now I realize it's the performance-enhancing drugs!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the no pressure of non-new release PvE. I can grid to max progression if I want or just hit the CP nodes, or ignore completely. And it will only affect my iso/hp/tokens count. You miss one PvP event and the 10k progression for the season becomes a battle. Still - I think there should be even less placement awards and progression should be easier attainable (eg. i am not sure I can do 3 full clears of each node in the current Heroic and the goal of 39k seems rather high so even that might not net me the 25 CP)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like, um, well there's...., and then ummm....

Ok sure, Galactus and Ultron were kinda fun when not tuned to GTFO levels.