Would you pay Iso to trade covers with an alliance-mate?

Options
carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Let's say you and a buddy could each spend 5k Iso to swap two covers in your queues. Would you do it?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would do it.

But it will never happen.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C'mon. People have been asking for cover trade/swap for years (ever since you have to sell them as you can't use them). People would pay much more than 5k iso to be able to do that. Still - there is no sign it will ever be implemented.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    oh hell, I'd pay 5K hp to trade a 5* cover for that OML yellow I've been chasing for months. it'll never happen, but if it did, it might cost just as much as the old hp purchase cost - 3* = 1250hp; 4* = 2500hp. they might actually be ok with that. no iso deals and it has to be a money maker for them.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the days prior to champions, I might have, but probably not now.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes.

I've also said for over a year now that this should happen (free, ISO cost, CP cost, whatever) - for any member who has been in an alliance for 30 days. Encourages alliances to keep their members. Encourages the members to stay with alliance.

If you don't have that restriction, you'll just have "swap club" for covers like you have [That Other Club] now.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I won a useless 6th cover to an non-champed hero, I'd gladly sell it to an alliance mate for more than the 1000 iso it's worth now. And I'm sure someone in my alliance would love to have it! Especially if it were a 6th black oml.
  • Deeznutz1234
    Deeznutz1234 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would def do this.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just what we need, people with noob alts maxing out new characters after one event...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If this is ever implemented, I'm taking it as a sign that the game is on its deathbed.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    Options
    Never going to happen without a serious time restriction like SnowcaTT suggested above.

Otherwise you're inviting not just a swap club, but an off the books black market where you pay 200 bucks for one of each OML cover through PayPal.

There's already buyer's clubs and Baker's Line.. why invite further abuse?
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    UncleSmed wrote:
    Never going to happen without a serious time restriction like SnowcaTT suggested above.

Otherwise you're inviting not just a swap club, but an off the books black market where you pay 200 bucks for one of each OML cover through PayPal.

Yeah it has been said many times that trading is not going to happen and i support that only because of black market situations.

Half my alliance came from Marvel: War of Heroes and anyone who played that game knew about the insane black market, which the game brought on itself with its insane prices. But people were exchanging thousands of dollars over Paypal for ingame advantage. At first I was bumbed there was no trading now I love it.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    The only way I could see this working without producing an insane black market would be one for one actual swapping. Same star level. You want to get that OML Black from your Alliance mate? Pony up a different 5* cover. Straight swap, nothing else.

Any other amount of incentivizing would allow the door to be opened to all manner of abuses.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you would have to make it something that is highly costly to do to stop people doing it all the time.

Restrict to equal star level as suggested above and also a HP and Iso price on it as well to make it less desirable to abuse
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UncleSmed wrote:

going outside the system is clearly abuse. working within the system is not. I have no problems working within the system. I do agree that this would open up outside abuse though. I'm all for it if it can be controlled. I'll really feel the sting with my next oml red when I don't have a yellow yet.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there are just too many scenarios that could cause problems with this, covers should simply become colourless once you have 5 in a single colour and once you reach 13 covers any additional ones should grant a level up.

On that second point, below a certain point it would still make sense to sell it for 1k iso, but it will effectively increase in iso value as you level your characters. Obviously, some characters still wouldn't be worth leveling under this system and that would serve as a good indicator that they need buffing.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is the issue with this scenario is you could in theory laid someone up on a character in no time. Someone could go from a 3 cover 4* to a 13 cover 4* just by getting swaps from alliance mates. If you did do a donation system it would need to be on a timer like 1 4* every 7-14?days. This way players can request HB and once someone donates them a HB they can't request a 4* for 14 days. 5* once a month, and 3* weekly. This would help lower players progress. If your character is championed you cannot request them.

The person donating the covers should get good amount of ISO too.