Scaling for Dark Avengers Heroic

Options
Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Was the PvE scaling being tested again in the Heroic event? My first three nodes are all in the range of 155-165 (which is up from the usual 40-55 kind of range). I don't think the limited selection of my roster is particularly stronger on average than my full roster, but that's a significant increase in opposing levels. I wasn't considering an serious attempt, but was hoping to hit a few nodes for some ISO. If it's going to be like this, I'll just skip the event entirely.

I couldn't find any other discussion about this, so apologies if this is a duplicate topic.

Comments

• mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Options
    Is this in the main event, or the sub event? In heroics, the main event nodes to unlock the sub event are always stupid hard/high.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In this event "easy" and "hard" are both on separate tracks, similar to in the PvE Simulator. That means you can do the "hard" nodes without first having to do the "easy" ones. It's possible you've opened up what would normally be node 4, thinking it's node 1. Check again!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Was the PvE scaling being tested again in the Heroic event? My first three nodes are all in the range of 155-165 (which is up from the usual 40-55 kind of range). I don't think the limited selection of my roster is particularly stronger on average than my full roster, but that's a significant increase in opposing levels. I wasn't considering an serious attempt, but was hoping to hit a few nodes for some ISO. If it's going to be like this, I'll just skip the event entirely.

I couldn't find any other discussion about this, so apologies if this is a duplicate topic.

check to see if your people are PUMPED... my levels are around 150 starting but since Khan and thor are both PUMPED and are champed my levels are 165

now once they are not pumped my levels will fall back to 150 or lower... scaling is based on your 3 highest people in the event.

but going from 40 to 155 sounds like your looking at the start of the 3 hard nodes.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Is this in the main event, or the sub event? In heroics, the main event nodes to unlock the sub event are always stupid hard/high.

Ah, right. I guess I had never really paid that much attention to it before.
    slidecage wrote:
    check to see if your people are PUMPED... my levels are around 150 starting but since Khan and thor are both PUMPED and are champed my levels are 165

now once they are not pumped my levels will fall back to 150 or lower... scaling is based on your 3 highest people in the event.

but going from 40 to 155 sounds like your looking at the start of the 3 hard nodes.

My top 3 in the Heroic are Rhulk (boosted 200 to 276), Patch (boosted 172 to 266), and Black Panther (boosted 173 to 248), which I appreciate is on the high side of things. However my unboosted top 3 is OML (300), Surfer (285), and Hulkbuster (273) - which of course is an even greater average than my limited selection.