C/D It should be impossible to buy command points?

Options
20three
20three Posts: 371
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Indirectly, I mean.

It seemed like a good alternative to HP, because the play to win diehards could no longer do so (At least to a lesser extent by obtaining 4 and 5 stars much, much easier), but then what do they do? Make them available to purchase (granted at a much, much steeper cost), but still! For average joe schmucks like me, the best I can do is two a day (if I'm lucky). So, I wish they'd just get rid of the purchasing option and make it more accessible to earn them by playing, that way it would at least kind of level the playing field gap and I wouldn't have to see more 450 phoenixs and old men logan ruin my day than I need to, but I also live in a deluded reality where money doesn't need to be made and I forget this is a business so I'm not one to make a point, whoopsie daisie
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Change your poll or title so that you are asking the same question in both places. Confirming the thread title is denying the question in your poll.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    that cat is out of the bag. that genie is out of the bottle. whatever other saying means its too late, it already happened.

stopping it now simply denies others from doing the same to catch up. it does nothing to reverse the damage done or take back what others have already been able to do.

if youre not willing to drop the thousands of dollars others did, just take a deep breath and realize you will never catch them or be able to compete with them (well maybe in fifty years you might, but....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a FTP game that earns money of micro transactions and the ability to buy resources. Based on this model people should be able to send $$ to get a resource like CP. the reality is once you are in 4* land of you are willing to shield hop and play PVE you can earn a lot of CP. you can earn over 400 CP in a season by getting all CP in PVE and hitting 1300 in PVP regularly. If you pull classic tokens that would be 20 tokens for 400 CP and will really allow you to progress!!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen/read several FTP-design theories - almost all of them say every single resource you have should be available to all players, and it's not bad to have most/all of them available to purchase for those that want to advance faster.

I think CP -should- be able to be purchased. And then I think it should be much more available to FTP as well - put it in DDQ again! Put it at T250 in PVP/PVE, and 2 at T100 in those! Make it so folks can get about five CP a day (instead of the 2.3ish you can get now, outside of top of events).
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I've seen/read several FTP-design theories - almost all of them say every single resource you have should be available to all players, and it's not bad to have most/all of them available to purchase for those that want to advance faster.

I think CP -should- be able to be purchased. And then I think it should be much more available to FTP as well - put it in DDQ again! Put it at T250 in PVP/PVE, and 2 at T100 in those! Make it so folks can get about five CP a day (instead of the 2.3ish you can get now, outside of top of events).
    Where MPQ gets FTP wrong is in the limited availability of resources. FTP done properly allows for the ability to grind resources to your hearts content. If you can play 24/7 should there should be a game mode that rewards all resource types throughout that 24/7 play window. I quit playing events once the CP is dried up. I play PvP til I hit 1300, PvE subs until I get the CP rewards, and events until I hit the 25 CP progression. Give me a repeatable game mode with CP rewards and I'll play it all day long. Recently I'm finding myself spending more time/money on CoC since my MPQ progress is completely limited by the scarcity of CP and **** luck based progression.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CP will eventually be available for purchase, it's inevitable. D3 will come up with some other currency and then the CP will be become the old thing. This has already been seen with HP. Currency and covers have to be restricted, because unlike other RPG's, MPQ has no fee for downloading or monthly subscription. D3 has to make money some how, and micro purchases is it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    let put on my "tin foil hat". i was thinking that command points was developed cause it would not be a direct buy; it's considered a "bonus". so if they ever change a feature or characters in game, people couldn't try and have their micro transactions refunded by google or itunes. so doubt they would ever want to make CP a buy resource.

the thing they should do is nerf the hell out of 5*'s. no more than double match damage of 4*'s and health/power damage reduced to reasonable fight against 4*'s
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where MPQ gets FTP wrong is in the limited availability of resources. FTP done properly allows for the ability to grind resources to your hearts content. If you can play 24/7 should there should be a game mode that rewards all resource types throughout that 24/7 play window.

Why? Just because that's how you want it?

Having you playing 24/7 and not contributing money to the game doesn't benefit D3 in any way. It just uses up resources.

Their target market isn't 'broke unemployed bum', it's people who have jobs and disposable income so penalising them is actually a very bad move. That's why you limit the amount of effort required to get all the rewards in a day and why they are looking at moving away from PvE based on playing every 8 hours at set times.

Also if the people who win everything are the people with time to grind you drive away many of your paying customers, which would be another dumb model.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Where MPQ gets FTP wrong is in the limited availability of resources. FTP done properly allows for the ability to grind resources to your hearts content. If you can play 24/7 should there should be a game mode that rewards all resource types throughout that 24/7 play window.

Why? Just because that's how you want it?

Having you playing 24/7 and not contributing money to the game doesn't benefit D3 in any way. It just uses up resources.

Their target market isn't 'broke unemployed bum', it's people who have jobs and disposable income so penalising them is actually a very bad move. That's why you limit the amount of effort required to get all the rewards in a day and why they are looking at moving away from PvE based on playing every 8 hours at set times.

Also if the people who win everything are the people with time to grind you drive away many of your paying customers, which would be another dumb model.
    No, not becuase that is how I want it, but because that is what successful FTP games do - they encourage spending to guarantee time saved in the game, and continual progress being made. They make it worth the time to play 24/7 so that their players don't run off to other games during the down time (and spend their money there instead).

I am a paying customer and I am being driven away because the only way I can progress is to spend money on CP. I've done several Stark buy clubs in the past couple months without a single 5* to show for it. Spending should speed up progress, but in a luck-based progression system, that doesn't happen. And so spending is discouraged.

Look at Clash of Clans - the highest grossing FTP app there is. There is defined progression, with a defined exchange rate for advancing along that progression. You can calculate to the dollar how much it will cost you to immediately progress from one point in the game to another. And so people play it 24/7, and they spend their money on it, because they see an immediate benefit to both their time and effort.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What bothers me most about this whole 5*, LT & CP issue is that when 5* came out, they said that they made them super powerful and immediately useable, and that they felt comfortable doing so because they could only be pulled by LT's which could only be earned by playing... No buying yourself a 5* and then added "at this time".

Not very much time passed and you could buy the LT's for CP, but you had to earn CP, so you weren't technically going to be able to "buy" 5*.

Then they gave bonus CP to cash purchases... uh oh, now you can buy CP which wouldn't be bad because you only get 7 CP for $100 so it would be outrageously priced to buy your way to a 5*... but what's that? Each member of your alliance get's 7 CP too? Enter Buyer's Groups. So now, for an hour or two of your time, you can join a buyer's group, and get 140 CP for $100... that's BUYING for CASH 5 pulls to get a 5*, and when they introduced 20 CP LT's, you could now get 7 pulls for $100 if you got into a buy group.

In only a couple of months from releasing 5*'s which were touted as non-purchasable, super-powered rewards for effort, leveling the playing field between F2P and P2W, they went from an exclusively earned item to a predominantly purchased item widening the gap between F2P and P2W, a complete opposite to what was presented when 5* were released.

Whether it was the plan along, or whether it was changed due to greed, who knows. Who cares? The fact is that the most overpowered cards again belong to the paying players (and some would say they should get them since they are paying for them, and who can argue with that?). The only consolation is that the 5* are still left to chance. The poorest 1* roster that collects enough CP can luck into a 5* the same as a Whale can. The only difference is that the whale can simply buy more chances at it. This creates a whole other issue that end game shouldn't be left to RNG, and I agree with that too.

I personally feel they should go back to buying covers for HP up to 4*, not allow 5* to buy covers for HP, and remove CP from cash purchases, or at least remove it from sharing it with the alliance (I'd be sad because this has benefited me on occasion from alliance mates buying without a buy club). Give more opportunities to earn it in-game.

Until then, if you are going to buy, find a buyers group before making your purchase, get the most out of it, your alliance will understand. $100 is NOT a MICRO-purchase in my book. $100 is what I'm about to pay for parts to repair my washing machine so I can do laundry. $100 is 1/5 the cost of my Garage door that I have to replace. $100 is the cheapest roofing gun I can get to put a second layer of shingles on my roof. $100 is half the cost of the air compressor I need to buy to run the $100 roofing gun.

For me, $100 is nothing close to micro, so if you plan on dropping that much money, I expect you to get the most out of it while you can. I think the currency in this game is way over-priced for a mobile game built on micro-purchases that aren't so micro after all.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    What bothers me most about this whole 5*, LT & CP issue is that when 5* came out, they said that they made them super powerful and immediately useable, and that they felt comfortable doing so because they could only be pulled by LT's which could only be earned by playing... No buying yourself a 5* and then added "at this time".

Not very much time passed and you could buy the LT's for CP, but you had to earn CP, so you weren't technically going to be able to "buy" 5*.

Then they gave bonus CP to cash purchases... uh oh, now you can buy CP which wouldn't be bad because you only get 7 CP for $100 so it would be outrageously priced to buy your way to a 5*... but what's that? Each member of your alliance get's 7 CP too? Enter Buyer's Groups. So now, for an hour or two of your time, you can join a buyer's group, and get 140 CP for $100... that's BUYING for CASH 5 pulls to get a 5*, and when they introduced 20 CP LT's, you could now get 7 pulls for $100 if you got into a buy group.

In only a couple of months from releasing 5*'s which were touted as non-purchasable, super-powered rewards for effort, leveling the playing field between F2P and P2W, they went from an exclusively earned item to a predominantly purchased item widening the gap between F2P and P2W, a complete opposite to what was presented when 5* were released.

Whether it was the plan along, or whether it was changed due to greed, who knows. Who cares? The fact is that the most overpowered cards again belong to the paying players (and some would say they should get them since they are paying for them, and who can argue with that?). The only consolation is that the 5* are still left to chance. The poorest 1* roster that collects enough CP can luck into a 5* the same as a Whale can. The only difference is that the whale can simply buy more chances at it.

I completely agree with this. The problem is that now it is too late to do anything, there is already a big group of people with max champed 5s !!!!! These people have already won 113 covers of a given 5 !!!! 113 !?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! And devs said it was going to be very hard to get them!

People should have NEVER been allowed to buy CPs, NEVER!!! 5s should have always been a price for your 'work' in the game.

Now the game is already screwed and can not be fixed, if you nerf those 5s, there would be some very pissed people that have already invested in your game around 10.000 $ !!! Imagine contacting Apple or Google about that !!! This game would be out of the store in 0 time. So, how can we cope in a game where those people are playing in god mode?
  • Polares wrote:
    So, how can we cope in a game where those people are playing in god mode?
    You just play on your level & do what you can.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really dont see the point they did with Droping Buying covers with HP... BUT They make every event a vault meaning its the same as buying covers with HP and i think its even CHEAPER now

4 4 stars what would cost you 10k
    22 3 stars that would cost 22k i think

32k entire vault is less then 20k
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Whether it was the plan along, or whether it was changed due to greed, who knows. Who cares? The fact is that the most overpowered cards again belong to the paying players (and some would say they should get them since they are paying for them, and who can argue with that?). The only consolation is that the 5* are still left to chance. The poorest 1* roster that collects enough CP can luck into a 5* the same as a Whale can. The only difference is that the whale can simply buy more chances at it.

I completely agree with this. The problem is that now it is too late to do anything, there is already a big group of people with max champed 5s !!!!! These people have already won 113 covers of a given 5 !!!! 113 !?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! And devs said it was going to be very hard to get them!

People should have NEVER been allowed to buy CPs, NEVER!!! 5s should have always been a price for your 'work' in the game.

Now the game is already screwed and can not be fixed, if you nerf those 5s, there would be some very pissed people that have already invested in your game around 10.000 $ !!! Imagine contacting Apple or Google about that !!! This game would be out of the store in 0 time. So, how can we cope in a game where those people are playing in god mode?

the thing is CP is considered a "bonus", not a buying with cash so google/apple/dev's shouldn't refund us in their minds cause there is no direct buying of CP's with money. it's be different with HP/ISO, that is a direct buy. that is a buy u can complain about if they change characters/ game features.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    So, how can we cope in a game where those people are playing in god mode?
    You just play on your level & do what you can.

The problem I'm seeing is 5*'s can treat the level below them (4*'s) essentially as seed teams. I swear I've seen the same people hitting me all season long in Sim - why not tank and just go through those "seeds" again and again?!?

1*'s could occasionally beat 2*'s. 2*'s could occasionally beat 3*'s, and 3*'s occasionally 4*'s.

5*'s should have -NEVER- jumped to essentially 7* (God-Mode) level.