Fix Silver Surfer

Leadggb
Leadggb Posts: 23
It is clear that Silver Surfer is BY FAR the worst 5*. He needs a huge buff to be on par with other 5* characters. I currently have a 2/2/5 SS, and it is still not worth leveling him up, because the scaling increase I would face in PVE and PVP would put me at an even bigger disadvantage than I have with no leveled up 5*'s. It would be really easy to fix him too. Here are my suggestions:

His red doesn't do enough damage. It's pretty cheap, but it should hit a little harder than it does now.

His blue power is fine. Although, his blue and red should create cosmic tiles, instead of charged tiles, and he should have a passive ability that gives a bonus for each cosmic tile on the board (all his attacks do X more damage/cosmic tile, he takes X less damage/hit for each cosmic tile, or each cosmic tile gives him another competitive advantage). This new passive could be attached to either red or blue, since his blue already has the immune to stun passive. You might say this gives him an unfair advantage against Galactus. So what? That's 1 fight, that isn't played very often, and frankly he should have an advantage over Galactus that other characters don't.

His black is WAY too expensive for what it is. There could be 2 fixes for this: Make it cheaper, or make it more powerful. If you want to make it cheaper, it should be 8 AP for what it is now. If you want to make it more powerful, it is a freaking black hole. It should absorb all adjacent tiles at 3 covers, and significantly more at 4 or 5 covers, going into tiles that are 2 away from the black hole tile. Regardless of if you choose to make it cheaper or more powerful, the tile should be fortified when it is created. It shouldn't be so easy to destroy a black hole by making a match-4.

I feel like these changes would make a character who would have players make a significant decision on how to build him, and would make him competitive with the other 5* characters.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Good suggestions.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my 1/4/3 keeps begging me for iso but I keep denying him. I'd love an adjustment that would make me reconsider.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    the black hole ability could instead create and/or harvest cosmic tiles. It would be appropriate that he be able to have some potential to counter galactus. Have it passively collect 1 cosmic tile, generating 1 AP in each color every turn to start. You wouldn't be able to dial it up beyond that otherwise would become a hard counter to galactus...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I certainly wouldn't mind some small buffs to Silver Surfer, I do think he's a bit underrated by the player base. I think this is partially because he lacks a lot of the multi-functionality of some of the other 5*. However, I think the bigger issue is that the next 5* character released was so grotesquely overpowered that he warped both the meta of the game and the fabric of reality.

It may, in fact, be time to consider nerfing Old Man Logan.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    It may, in fact, be time to consider nerfing Old Man Logan.

Don't you dare!!!! That will be the thing that finally makes me quit the game. I should quit now, on the chance that this will probably happen soon anyway.
  • Leadggb
    Leadggb Posts: 23
    This thread is not about OML. It's about how SS isn't competitive with any 5*'s, and offering suggestions on how to fix that.

Nerfing OML won't fix the fact that SS is significantly worse than every 5*, and it's not close.