Suggestions for Iso, extra covers, and more!

skrilla
skrilla Posts: 2
As of this posting I have been playing this game for 255 days, which is enough time to work through excitement, fatigue, and disappointment phases of the game. Currently I have rostered every 3 star.png , all but a few 4 star.png , and three 5 star.png s. I have managed to champion roughly 15 characters. I have spent money on the game through buying HP, and I have recruited others to play. By all accounts I want to continue playing this game, but I am finding myself contemplating giving it up out of frustration.

The introduction of champions was a breath of fresh air. Command points were a nice addition. A steady stream of characters is exciting. However, none of these things matter if you cannot level the characters that you managed to roster. Leveling single 3 star.png character, let alone all of the new 4 star.png s that are continuously introduced, is a laborious task for most players. At this point many people would even forgo leveling a 3 star.png so they can dump the Iso into a 4/5 star.png …both of which require even more Iso. Meanwhile, covers for max-covered, non-championed characters are being turned into a paltry 500/1000 Iso. The following two suggestions would go a long way to address the shortage of Iso that many players face without being completely unreasonable.
    • Implement the champion leveling mechanism for non-championed characters. If you have a fully covered character, but do not have the Iso to fully level them, there is a high probability that you will receive additional covers for that character. These extra covers will either expire or be sold for an extremely low amount of Iso. Instead of wasting these extra covers, players should be allowed to raise the character’s level. This helps relieve the Iso costs and makes duplicate covers more valuable. The option to sell the covers could also be kept, there does not need to be only one way to use the covers. • Increase the amount of progression reward Iso. For individual and alliance progression rewards (when those occur), the Iso values should be multiplied by 10. Earning 1400 Iso instead of 140 feels like a much more satisfying reward, and it could actually raise a 3/4
star.png by a least a level.

Taking things a bit further, here are some suggestions that would go a long way to improving the game, but are probably a bridge too far.
    • Remove colors from covers. If you earn a cover for a character you could use that to raise the level of any of their available color abilities. This would become another avenue to use duplicate covers. How many times have you picked up the sixth cover of a particular color while you have none of the others? If you were lucky enough to earn or win a cover for a character you should never be resigned to destroy it because you have too many of a particular color. • Multiply all Iso rewards by 10. Instead of only earning 10 times the Iso progression rewards, the rewards for individual fights could be multiplied. 700 Iso instead of 70, 2000 instead of 200…you could actually level a 3 or 4
star.png by hitting a node all 7 times.
• Increase the availability of Command Points. During the introduction of Command Points they could be earned in the DDQ. Bring ‘em back! Many people have asked for this; it would make a lot of people happy. The values of Command Points for node rewards could be increased as well. If they were currently doubled a player could earn enough for a token every 1-2 events, depending on duration. This is not an absurd pace, but it is enough to give casual players a sense of accomplishment.
• Update DDQ. 3 star.png character development has been finished, only 4/5 star.png s will be routinely introduced. This means that the primary function of DDQ will quickly become obsolete. To keep DDQ relevant there should be two more daily nodes added: “Dat Required Character” and “The Big Enchilada” for a 4 star.png . These nodes would be scaled up in difficulty to reflect their reward, meaning it would a challenge instead of just a “gimme”.

I hope that this will get some attention, and I welcome constructive feedback. This is a game produced to make money, and I do not want everything to be away for free. Happy customers tend to spend more money. For myself, I frequently buy tokens in the new vault system, and I would buy even more tokens if they could all be constructively used. The more tokens I buy, the more likely it is that I will buy additional Hero Points. This game can be a lot of fun and I would like to continue playing. Let’s hope the improvements continue.