For the Patch PVP

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can you make it so that we can use any version of Wolverine? Such as I don't know, maybe 2* wolvie, xfw, or perhaps.. and I'm just spitballing here.. oml?

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even if it were done for every characters event that sounds like a terrible idea. You really want to face a team of 3 5* opponents?!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the early days of the game, they had an event called (I think) Best There Is, where one node had Astonishing Wolverine as the featured character, the second had Patch and the third had X-force Wolverine.
    Unfortunately, this was when X-force Wolverine was just awful bad, so Patch was the Big Bad that event.
    There's not much point having a featured character if you could use another character instead though...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You really want to face a team of 3 5* opponents?!
    Like I have a choice?
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    You really want to face a team of 3 5* opponents?!
    Like I have a choice?
    You might see fewer OMLs this PvP, though.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You might see fewer OMLs this PvP, though.

If we don't mess with Sharp-Dressed I expected to see none for this PvP. That would be less.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Can you make it so that we can use any version of Wolverine? Such as I don't know, maybe 2* wolvie, xfw, or perhaps.. and I'm just spitballing here.. oml?

I don't know about that, but I do think 2* people get screwed even worse than usual in this event, given that Astonishing Wolverine is one of the two boosted 2*s. There really should have been an additional one, just for the event.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow, that's pretty bad having axwolvie boosted in a week where you run sharp dressed. but worse, patch is essential in a heroic same time as sharp dressed. that's either incompetent planning or they just don't care. will post in suggestions to avoid essentials and pvps running simultaneous with the same characters. I've brought it up before, but really doesn't matter. i'll post it just to say that I did.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wow, that's pretty bad having axwolvie boosted in a week where you run sharp dressed. but worse, patch is essential in a heroic same time as sharp dressed. that's either incompetent planning or they just don't care. will post in suggestions to avoid essentials and pvps running simultaneous with the same characters. I've brought it up before, but really doesn't matter. i'll post it just to say that I did.
    They do this frequently, and I think it's intentional to get out a bunch of covers of that character to help people transitioning to 3*. It's always annoying when heroics roll around, but you can always not play it icon_e_smile.gif. At least this time it's patch, who heals quickly and stays alive pretty well.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why would you want to use OML?

What character do you use in EVERY battle in PvP?
    What character do you use in EVERY hard PvE battle? (assuming you still bother)

Boring!

This is the main problem with this game - we have 96 characters, why cant we use more than 1?

I expressly haven't levelled my OML for this reason.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druss wrote:

Because I like winning.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Druss wrote:

Because I like winning.

But but but we are supposed to LOSE! I've received multiple memos stating that fact.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I very much look forward to the Patch PVP every time it comes up now.

It means my several maxed 4* roster isn't hit over and over and over by 3*'s that luckily drew five OML covers.

I wish all 5*'s were banned from the current PVP format.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay so it turned out I was still able to get my usual score, even without oml. Each match just took longer, and I was in constant fear of being sniped. But it all worked out fine. I'm excited to get to use him again though!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been the best PVP in a long time. Love seeing actual variety out there again!

Wish the devs would do something to put that variety in full time. Maybe the "bonus ISO if you use different teams" suggestion. Maybe the "two PVP's, current without 5*'s and higher level that rewards 4*'s where 3*'s are now". Maybe nerfing the obviously best character in the game, who I've seen to referred to several times in the last few days as "This character, everything else is irrelevant".
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Okay so it turned out I was still able to get my usual score, even without oml. Each match just took longer, and I was in constant fear of being sniped. But it all worked out fine. I'm excited to get to use him again though!

Wait, so you're saying one character didn't make / ruin the game for you? Imagine that! Whohoo!

Now back to the thread where we "have" to Nerf OML because he's too good or something. Or the one where we have to have better ways to get him. Maybe I'll flip a coin.