aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum Thread
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    $100 is a lot for me to invest in a game like this. I voted for a one time $50 sale purchase. Still not easy to justify, but I might be able to do the $50 to get a massive boost to my 3* transition. Would like to see at least 50cp thrown in also, or maybe 10cp for the alliance.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I have put $20 of my personal money into the game, plus $5 of Google Survey Rewards when they ran the Christmas sale on the Logan's Loonies. All of it for HP, never for ISO. Now that I am in a good alliance that increased my rate of HP accumulation, the likelihood of me spending any more dropped to exactly 0%.

My take on it - I will never spend more on a game than I would if it were a console or PC equivalent one-time purchase. Freemium will never rope me in for that reason alone. Although I play daily and get great enjoyment out of it, I could say the same for any other game, and those are usually capped at the initial purchase price (I did say usually).

A million ISO would be great, but as a 3-4* transitioner who needs 4* covers more than ISO right now, I have no need for it. Even a one-time $100 purchase for 5 million ISO? Yeah, I really can't justify that on a mobile game. Offer more event content, a tiered system, and a way to actually progress my roster without murdering my time spent playing the game instead of continuing to inundate me with 4* and 5* characters I will never be able to cover fully, and maybe I would consider it longer than 0.001 seconds. Maybe.
  • MNKromann
    MNKromann Posts: 31
    even with me closing in on 1000 hours played, it is option 11 for me.
    I just know I would have regrets buying in-game currency for money, can't really explain why though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Selling that volume of iso for $100 would completely destroy the ability to compete as f2p.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Im F2P, aside from $5 I did at the googleplay end of year sale which I earned from the Google Rewards.......but I actually want to drop some money, just cant rationalize it based on the tiniest of kitties it would get me. I want to support a game ive played for almost 2.5 years....but the value is just so bad I cant bring myself to do it. Heck, I have a $25 apple gift card I could drop......but holding on to it and doing nothing with that $$ seems a better deal than the iap options.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Still too damn expensive. That's basically what, $25-30 to fully level one 4*? If it was ~$5 to fully level a 4* I'd consider it. Otherwise, that $100 gets me a lot more elswhere. I can buy multiple level & character packs for Lego Dimensions - new characters & vehicles, new physical toys, for that price. The economy here is built for whales, not for me.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd give up my Klondike bar...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pay quite a bit, but I'd probably prefer a damn OML yellow.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I actually voted for $200 multiple times, but as I'm thinking more about it, I'd probably only go for that once, because I don't want to totally skip the progression. I think it's because of precisely where I am in the transition that I'm willing to spend that much.

My line of thinking is this:
    • I've spent roughly $350 on the game total - so I have no qualms about spending some money, but I'm by no means a mega-whale, especially given $200 of that were iTunes gift cards I won.
    • I have 20 4*s with 10+ covers, but all but one are under 180.
    • In order to not waste covers, I'm hoarding CP/legendaries, since I have < 50% of pulling something useful. So I'm being pushed into intentionally gimping my 5* progress.
    • I can reasonably consistently hit 1000 in PVP with one shield, so my HP flow is generally positive. Tokens aren't worth much since I don't have iso to spend on new covers, and I have all but three characters. Thus, I have very little need to spend money on HP.

For best results, I should focus on leveling select 4*s one at a time (i.e. JG, Iceman). But if I do that, I'm stuck using the same few characters for a while. Even if I average 20k iso a day (slightly optimistic), it'll take me over 2 months to finish 3-4 4*s.

1 million iso would let me do most of that and start working on expanding my roster and trying out new teams. So while it only speeds up my progress by 2 months, that's 2 months of 4* growing pains/a limited tier that it's getting out of the way. I could even look forward to opening tokens and getting 5*s again. If the cost of that is $200, it'd be tough, but I think I could swallow it. (Of course, ask me in a month, and I'd probably say no way.)
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    LsNToBf.png

Wait. That's what I would do if I had a million iso.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    May I choose choice 12 ?

12: I may consider buying it if it is like 1M for $15 (or even less).

My reason is at $100 or $50, that would be the price for a full game with better support, better bug fixed, better balance, better features, better gameplay system, etc. And that is for full access to the game contents as well. At 1M, you can fully level about three 4* or about nine 3*. That is hardly a full access to the game contents. Moreover, you still need to rely on your luck to pull specific covers of specific characters you need.

Certainly, I am not comparing the current MPQ with other full price games at the moment. I consider the MPQ is worth what I paid for so far ($15 total). If the game is improved and/or many issues are fixed, I am willing and happy to pay more.

The main aspect of the game that makes me don't want to pay for the iso to level my character is the repetitiveness of the game. At the end of the day, I will level my characters to face with the same but more difficult nodes in PVE or teams of max 4* or 5* in PVP (Sure, I can progress and be placed higher in PVP. But if I have max 4*, why would I need the reward for ? If I have only max 3*, how can I compete with 4* ? etc.)

The bottomline is, for me, the MPQ is okay and fun to play as it is at the moment, but I don't feel like putting anymore money into it. Unless, it can give me better experiences and more fun.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Probably less than I would do for a Klondike bar.

In reality, I voted for a one-time $50 purchase.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    sadly you will never see a deal on ISO... Maybe not even a deal on ISO how about paying to champ people. Like few bucks would champion any 2 or 3 star.

Now if they would give me enough ISO to champ all of my 3 and 2 stars i give them 50 and it would give me a reason to play.

i just drew 5 3 stars from my 10 pack... sadly dont need any and dont have the ISO to champ people
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would eat a Klondike bar for a million ISO!!! icon_cool.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be best if I let Jack Black explain what I would do for a million ISO:

https://youtu.be/YgU0YytQVbs?t=10
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    To me 100$ is an absurd amount of cash, especially for a f2p game. If the prices would range from 25-50 dollars, then yes I might consider BUT even then I'd prob pass.

Most triple A games cost around 60$, with the versions with the extras costing 120$. You get their physical copies and all, along with the enjoyment that comes with.

What do you get for 100$ in this game? Well, aside from an empty pocket nothing that you cannot gather over time, hence it's not worth me paying for another game plus extra just so I could have some messily ISO.
  • saj14saj
    saj14saj Posts: 23
    I would give them a Klondike bar.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    And herein lies the main problem with the game, actually. The game is balanced around the supposition that the in-game currencies have no upper limit in value, for some people, and that therefore the prices that most gouge those people are the best prices.

Not only is that detestable business practice, but it actively hurts the game for the rest of us, since it balances the game for those most willing to be taken advantage of. People talk about being happy that whales exist since they "support the game for the rest of us" and that would be true if there *was* a game for the rest of us, but instead they incentivize game design that looks to punish anyone who isn't actively spending their paycheck on MPQ. Iso drought? **** prize support in events? Scaling designed to punish mid-tier rosters? Ultimately, you can blame the whales. They're the ones who are making those game designs profitable.