Someone's getting ditched

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in Roster and Level Help
My current roster is in my sig. I'm thoroughly 3*, planning to max all of them, but I also have a more immediate goal of upping a few 4* (IW, Ghost Rider, maybe Starlord) to the point where they're viable for the Deadpool Legendary challenge.

I'm currently working on Beast. I've got two covers waiting for him and one more coming in a few days. I should have that wrapped up in ~ 2 days.

My next target was going to be Mystique. I've got 2 covers for her, the closest to expiration is 12 days out. My Enchilada earnings are either current champs or ones I need for a few days, but then I've got Bullseye and Cap back-to-back.

- I'm certain I can get Mystique championed if I devote all of my Iso to her. But she's not exactly top of my list.
- Cap is at the top of my list, but he's my lowest level in that lot, and I only expect one cover in the near future.
- Bullseye is kind of in the middle in both considerations. I've got him at lv 131, so he's a tad easier to get to champion. I'd likely use him more than Mystique, but far less than Cap.

And then there's the 4*s to consider. I've got ~ 4 weeks before Ghost Rider's challenge comes up, and then 2-4 weeks before XFW and IW need to be viable (presuming they put a few new 4*s into rotation at the end of the cycle).

My general inclination tends toward damage control - losing the least amount of value with the resources I have (I'm generally doing Deadpool and PvE primarily, hit PvP where possible and catch ~ 4-6 LRs near the beginning per week). With 2 covers I'm inclined to pump everything into Mystique and then evaluate options for Cap/Bullseye when I get the covers, but then I'm completely ignoring the 4*s and potentially 2-3 LTs I wouldn't otherwise be able to get.

Sacrifices must be made. Where should I cut my losses?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my experience is that a decently covered 4* needs about level 145 for their ddq day. that is only about 35K iso. your IW is actually fine where she is. many won with her at level 70, so i wouldn't mess with her. your GR, 4thor, and starlord look like they might possibly be getting close enough, so I'd consider those.

personally i wouldn't get too bent out of shape over that mystique cover. you have 13 on steve and he is really important in pve. I'd do him next between the 4*s for ddq. I've always gone for function over catching every last cover. there will be other mystique covers and that champion LT isn't going anywhere. re-specing steve and having him maxed should help on goon nodes a ton.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with Moose. Looking at your roster Rodgers is the smart choice here. Mystique can do gonzo damage when she's boosted, but I can honestly say I almost never touch her outside of then. Rodgers is killer against goons and surprisingly effective against countdown centric characters or character with powers that trigger on damage, like Hulk, Rulk, or Deadpool.

Bullseye is a lot of fun, but not really great. The trouble is his active colors are green and purple, which put him in the same camp as Switch, GSBW, and KK, all of whom are top tier characters. With that said, in survival nodes he's a blast. His purple is great against tile spammers like Daken, Blade, or 2* Bull, and can help keep **** like Muscle, symbyotes, Ultron drones, and ninjas in check. Plus there's a special kind of happiness that comes from seeing the entire board covered in friendly tiles.

Also don't worry too much about IW's level. Her DPD challenge always comes down to playing hide-n-seek with her yellow and keeping QS' blue from going off. Not going to sugar coat it though, without a solid purple Starlord is a lost cause. Gamor out paces him in damage and if she gets off her black or green you're screwed. His red does alright damage, but you really need that purple to take her down.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    my experience is that a decently covered 4* needs about level 145 for their ddq day. that is only about 35K iso. your IW is actually fine where she is. many won with her at level 70, so i wouldn't mess with her. your GR, 4thor, and starlord look like they might possibly be getting close enough, so I'd consider those.
    I'd hold off on leveling 4*s for DDQ4 until the day of their event. Check out my thread (link in sig) for some ideas on what level/covers you need to complete - many are lower than you might expect. GR for example needs a couple black covers and not much else.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, all!

I sold off those Mystique covers. Finished off Beast and started on Steve. After that, sounds like GR is the best place to put my Iso until he's viable in DDQ.