Isn't it time for 4* ddq to award fixed 4* covers

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
How much effort will you spend on 4* ddq these days just to get an LT?

Would you spend more time/effort/resources trying to win those matchups if the reward were a fixed 4* cover, rather than an LT?

With OML out of regular LTs, and my roster desperately needed 4* covers for a few key 4*s, I know that I would be way more willing to spend HP on boosts for a certain prize.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only care about winning 5*s, so I strongly prefer any way to win them, not just another fixed 4*. If anything, they should get rid of all LTs and give us 25 CP instead. OML is the only 5* that matters to me (and many others) currently.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I only care about winning 5*s, so I strongly prefer any way to win them, not just another fixed 4*.
    Agreed. I'm not playing DDQ4 hoping for a 4*...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Changing something that is fairly well accepted is a risky move. I think for people looking for 5*s, you don't want to take that away.

That said, I think it is well past time to expand the options to add more 4* rewards. They could add a second event on a non-Titans day for a fixed cover. Make the difficult somewhere between enchilada and Titan. Require the 4* for entry.

Though, it seems that isn't the direction they're going. Recent Ultron & symbiote DDQ has been more difficult for the 2* to 3* transition. I'd be amazed if they did something player-friendly for the 3* to 4* .
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I only care about winning 5*s, so I strongly prefer any way to win them, not just another fixed 4*. If anything, they should get rid of all LTs and give us 25 CP instead. OML is the only 5* that matters to me (and many others) currently.

Correct, the game is pretty much "Acquire Old Man Quest" right now. He might as well be the only character in the game, because he's really the only one that matters. Extremely **** design choice, but it's what we have to work with... icon_neutral.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Correct, the game is pretty much "Acquire Old Man Quest" right now. He might as well be the only character in the game, because he's really the only one that matters. Extremely **** design choice, but it's what we have to work with... icon_neutral.gif

Well, that is not 100% true, I would love to get more GG covers. Green Goblin is arguably better for PvP, specially when over 1000. The problem is that he is very new so most of us have decided to max OML first, but I would love to pull some GG covers (I just have one, so for PvP I need like 6 more icon_razz.gif ).

I agree with the most people here, I am basically playing MPQ to get 5s, OML, GG, Phoenix in that order (in the long run GG will be more important than Phoenix eventhough I have more covers of her right now), so I prefer DDQ4 as is, well, it would be better if it was 25 CPs.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    What I think its time for (in DDQ):

1 - instead of doing 8 rounds with 5 characters each, let's move to 10 rounds with 4 characters each. Let's get Crash of the Titans onto the board every 4 days instead of every 5. (Its probably too much to ask that they run crash *every* day... or is it?)
    2 - more content. Switch the regular screen back to the 3* Deadpool graphic and then make some non-color tweaks to the 4* Deadpool graphic and move it to a 2nd sub of DDQ that opens up on Crash of the Titans days.
    3 - Add more rewards to the nodes and let them be replayable. They don't need to add additional event points. The game is severely lacking places where we can experiement with team compositions.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

This.
    It IS time, however, that PvE offered a fixed 4* cover as a progression reward.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    How much effort will you spend on 4* ddq these days just to get an LT?

Would you spend more time/effort/resources trying to win those matchups if the reward were a fixed 4* cover, rather than an LT?

With OML out of regular LTs, and my roster desperately needed 4* covers for a few key 4*s, I know that I would be way more willing to spend HP on boosts for a certain prize.

Huh??? There are a myriad of ways to get 4*s. Ive got 4* covers up the ****. People want a chance of 5*s hence LT or CP is way better. Don't think ya thought thru this fully before posting.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's time for the game to start spewing 4*s like a unicorn **** rainbows.

The days of treating them like shiny baubles that people need to work their butts off for have LONG passed.