Vision's Heavy strike damage description incorrect

Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
The long subject line pretty much says it: I'm playing in Venom Bomb and noticed that for Vision's Heavy Strike (when blue countdown tile is on the board) the power description incorrectly lists the amount of damage done. For my buffed level 250 Vision, the text says it does 2696 damage when it actually does something like 3700 damage. I've checked out a few descriptions for other boosted characters and they seem more or less spot on (Thor's Call the Storm is 1 point different but other's seem right).

I'm not sure if this is a new issue, although I'm pretty sure Vision's text was accurate the last time he was buffed.

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could the difference be accounted for by the match dmg?

I.e. 3700 = 2696 + match-3 dmg.

It looks about right...
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's the damage quoted in the red description plus the bonus from the blue. I was puzzled by this a while ago as well.
  • Tanarus
    Tanarus Posts: 30
    aa25 wrote:
    I think it's the damage quoted in the red description plus the bonus from the blue. I was puzzled by this a while ago as well.
    Yeah, that's exactly it. Don't forget that Vision does bonus damage in Heavy mode.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Except his red description just says "Heavy Strike - deals 2696 damage to the enemy team". Since you can only do Heavy Strike with a blue countdown tile on the board, that damage listed is incorrect. And you aren't matching any tiles when you use Heavy Strike, so I don't think it should be adding that damage to the total.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except his red description just says "Heavy Strike - deals 2696 damage to the enemy team". Since you can only do Heavy Strike with a blue countdown tile on the board, that damage listed is incorrect. And you aren't matching any tiles when you use Heavy Strike, so I don't think it should be adding that damage to the total.

Well it's not the whole story, sure, but it's not incorrect. If they added it together, someone else would have made the same post and we'd be arguing the same thing, but in reverse. No winner here. At least in this case it's incomplete in our favor.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Density: Heavy - 5 bluetile.png AP
    Vision increases his density, making himself incredibly heavy. Creates a Density: Heavy Blue 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 88 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Destroys any existing Density tile.

It doesn't say he does more damage when he makes a match, it says he does more damage. That includes Heavy Strike.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the listed damage included the bonus from Density: Heavy, then people would complain about how they weren't actually getting a bonus.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    At one point, Vision's bonus damage also carried to things like attack tiles and team-up powers, so long as he was in the lead position. Those were deemed to be bugs (and they didn't really make logical sense, so I agree with the decision) and changed. This left Heavy Strike as the only non-match damage his bonus applies to.

At first glance, the sensible thing to do would be to reword his blue so it only applies to match damage and then give the full damage value of red in its description.

However, that would remove the fact that the best way to get damage out of his heavy strike is by maxing both red and blue. So his current design requires the current wording.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one finding that the extra damage for matching is very inconsistent? It seems like it varies from one match to the next. And I am paying attention to color, vision not stunned, etc.