3* championed Punisher should now award 4* Punisher?

rkd80
rkd80 Posts: 376
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Makes more sense than him awarding Elektra I suppose?

What about those that already received Elektra covers?

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only two realistic ways to address that: Not change a thing, or make 3* Punisher reward 4* and ignore any anguished cries of people who already got one or more Elektra covers. Doing anything else would be a huge pain in the **** for them. Hell, I'd be surprised if they change it at all.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They won't change it, not anytime soon.

Can't give out the new shiny so easily, people need to buy 40 packs.

See also: 3* chars who give out Gwen, Nova, Quake.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Only two realistic ways to address that: Not change a thing, or make 3* Punisher reward 4* and ignore any anguished cries of people who already got one or more Elektra covers. Doing anything else would be a huge pain in the **** for them. Hell, I'd be surprised if they change it at all.

I think there was some mention about the latter option, but after Gwen, Nova, and Quake, it's not looking likely.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could start inserting two new 3*'s again for every new 4*, then each of the new 3*'s could champion that 4*.

They could also have the 3*'s champion 4*'s twice as quickly/often - just insert new 4*'s in-between the current 3* champ rewards (so 3* Punisher could champion Elecktra/Max/Elecktra/Max/Elecktra/Max). You'll still leave some that reach that 2nd progression level out of luck - but that's probably not to many just yet [well, it's the folks that will have a max Max pretty soon anyway].
  • Shifting 4* rewards from champed 3* isn't a priority. If they are going to add newer 4* to champ rewards, it will be with a lot at once. I take issue with a lot of things the devs do but this is a non-issue.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Relying on 3* champion rewards for 4* progression is not sustainable - the 4* covers are spaced out considerably, so unless you get a windfall of exactly the right 3* cover, you're not going to make significant progress towards them that way.

I'm primarily annoyed at my own circumstance - that my closest 4* to completion is Nick Fury at 4/5/2, and yet the first 4* cover reward from GSBW is... yes, his blue! icon_evil.gif