Leveling character question

When I win DPD or get ISO from the vault, why does it increase the overall total ISO to level a character? I've been steadily leveling one of my main characters and it seems that everytime I win some decent ISO they add more ISO in order to level. I feel like I'm working backwards. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    The purple button in the level screen shows how high you can level that particular character with the iso you currently have, plus a mother lode ($100 purchase of 78,000 iso). When you see that number go up, it just means you're getting closer, don't get discouraged. But more importantly, don't buy that mother lode icon_razz.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    orion2070 wrote:
    When I win DPD or get ISO from the vault, why does it increase the overall total ISO to level a character? I've been steadily leveling one of my main characters and it seems that everytime I win some decent ISO they add more ISO in order to level. I feel like I'm working backwards. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

As characters get to higher levels, the amount of ISO needed to go up 1 level increases. Sometimes the amount needed will stay constant for several levels and then jump, and sometimes it increases gradually every level.
  • avs962 wrote:
    The purple button in the level screen shows how high you can level that particular character with the iso you currently have, plus a mother lode ($100 purchase of 78,000 iso). When you see that number go up, it just means you're getting closer, don't get discouraged. But more importantly, don't buy that mother lode icon_razz.gif

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand how it works now. Is it correct to assume that once that overall total needed to max the character is below a mother load (78k), then that overall total to max characters will then continue to drop and not increase?
  • Orion wrote:
    orion2070 wrote:

As characters get to higher levels, the amount of ISO needed to go up 1 level increases. Sometimes the amount needed will stay constant for several levels and then jump, and sometimes it increases gradually every level.

Thanks for the reply.
  • TaoSpoons
    TaoSpoons Posts: 50
    orion2070 wrote:
    avs962 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand how it works now. Is it correct to assume that once that overall total needed to max the character is below a mother load (78k), then that overall total to max characters will then continue to drop and not increase?

Correct. The number only fluctuates if your maximum potential ISO (your current ISO stockpile plus a $100 purchase) is less than the amount it would take to level the character to its maximum.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    orion2070 wrote:
    avs962 wrote:

As you get closer to leveling a character to their max, the amount shown will reflect either:

a) the max level you could get them to with the iso you have
    or
    b) the max level you could get them to with the iso you have, plus an applicable purchase.

In regards to b), let's say you have a character who needs 15,000 iso to be maxed out, and you currently have 12,000. In this case, the purple box would show that you can max this character out with the purchase of a Treasure Box ($4.99, 3,200 iso). If you had the 15,000 iso yourself, you could just click the purple button to max them out using your own reserves, with no purchase necessary.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    You can use the purple button as a guide (of how much iso8.png required left) when you have your character on their last 20lvls to their max.