Please fix PC version

homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi

I've been playing a long time and really need to say that your Steam version is completely overrun with hackers, I had 4 games in a row where the AI cascaded 40+ times on the first move. I just came out of a game where the the AI BEFORE its first match just started doing abilities till the game was won. There's many times where the game starts and the game just shuts down so that you instantly lose. C'mon I've spent thousands on this please do something.

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    What do hackers have to do with AI cascades?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:

1. Hackers cause massive cascades that kill off every other person
    2. Hackers finish Top 1 in every event
    3. Profit?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    stowaway wrote:

It's a DC/marvel crossover attack. Computo and Braniac are attempting to derail Marvel games by amping up their AI. Soon, mere humans will be unable to compete. Then we'll all go and play DCUO instead, since that's the most comparable non-hacked game to mpq.

Beware the cascades!
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Hi ... I've been playing a long time and really need to say that your Steam version is completely overrun with hackers, I had 4 games in a row where the AI cascaded 40+ times on the first move...

Sure.
    I just came out of a game where the the AI BEFORE its first match just started doing abilities till the game was won.

Riiiiiiiiight.
    There's many times where the game starts and the game just shuts down so that you instantly lose.

Well, at least we know this one is true. The infamous crash penalty. That's intentional. Not thr crashes, but the effects. Yeah, they're not fixing that.
    C'mon I've spent thousands on this please do something.

You did what?

I've played the "PC" version for 651 days now, and I find that exaggerating the capriciousness of MPQ is never necessary. Any objective description is plenty harsh.

Also, the mobile version, which I also play, is exactly the same, only with fewer crashes, IME.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I think it's more likely that you, personally, are being attacked by the Mole Man's new cyberdivision than that MPQ is getting overrun by hackers who are trying to win defensive matches.

Maybe try PvE, where the Mole Man can't get you?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always wear a tinfoil hat when playing MPQ.

If you're already doing that, you should have started earlier.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    My draw rates of 5* has been hacked, the hackers made it so that a 10% draw rate is a **** lie.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, at least we know this one is true. The infamous crash penalty. That's intentional. Not thr crashes, but the effects. Yeah, they're not fixing that.

Which is a shame since you could impliment a fairly simple fix. If the game's closed within 3 seconds of a match starting, no penalty. 3 seconds isn't nearly long enough to judge whether a board is viable and it means you don't get penalised for the game crashing to desktop right after the board's loaded.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I think Demiurge's strategy in these scenarios is always to fix the underlying issue causing the crash, rather than add in a bunch of complicated code to protect people from the negative consequences.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Post a video of the AI cheating like that so we can believe you. Should be easy since it happens all the time
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Wall to wall harassment, condescending, degrading posts with zero positive input from Demiurge or the community. No wonder no-one reads this forum, I'm off to play League of Legends, where there's real community spirit. Post whatever you want, I wont read it.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    In order to stop MPQ cashing try playing League of Legends
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Wall to wall harassment, condescending, degrading posts with zero positive input from Demiurge or the community. No wonder no-one reads this forum, I'm off to play League of Legends, where there's real community spirit. Post whatever you want, I wont read it.

How much have you spent there?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

LoL has a notoriously toxic community.

Big fan of the "I won't read it" line, too. Stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALALALALA!" to really elevate yourself over the people who post condesending, degrading messages with zero positive input, huh.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler

I would ask if I could have all your stuff, but wrong game.

P.S. On a more helpful note, you might want to download some free antivirus software to protect you from hackers. Try a site with a lot of pop-up ads and excessive scripting so you know they are experts at coding.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wall to wall harassment, condescending, degrading posts with zero positive input from Demiurge or the community. No wonder no-one reads this forum, I'm off to play League of Legends, where there's real community spirit.

Because what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense. The game's multiplayer isn't peer to peer. When you hit someone else in multiplayer, they aren't even aware of it until after the match is over, so we're all a bit incredulous that they're actively hacking the game to modify the outcome on your particular match.
    Post whatever you want, I wont read it.

And you expect people will even want to help you with that attitude? As said before there are numerous good reasons to be skeptical of your claim. Video evidence would go a long way. There are many good ways to do that since you're on PC. You want respect, earn it. Put up evidence. People will take that seriously.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking thread, if you suspect any person of cheating, please submit a ticket.. ai cascades are not cheating
This discussion has been closed.