10 cp as a reward for EotS?

Cunneryn
Cunneryn Posts: 112
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So this morning I was playing alongside a friend when he received out of the the blue 10 CP whith a message saying "thankk you for participating in the the event enemy of the state" (or something along that line). ALl excited I waited to received mine.... and I waited.... all day long... still no popup saying that I have 10 more CP...

Am I the only one in this situation? Should I contact support to see what happened?

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that was for t50 finish only
  • Cunneryn
    Maybe I should have pushed more then... finished 56
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that was for t50 finish only
    This, was for T50 placement
  • Cunneryn
    The message clearly said thank for playing the event... Why only give it to T50 . Or why not saying thank you for scoring T50.

The message is clearly misleading.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    The message clearly said thank for playing the event... Why only give it to T50 . Or why not saying thank you for scoring T50.

It was a thank you for playing... just for playing harder? The first time i read the announcement I thought everyone was getting 10 CP for trying... then I had to re-read it and was sad it was only for top 50.

Still, 3 tokens is better than a stick in the eye.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:

From the test announcement thread
    Just for playing in the event, you will get three extra Enemy of the State tokens. If you place in the top 50 of your leaderboard you will also receive 10 Command Points. These will be gifted to everyone that participated the day after the event ends.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:

From the test announcement thread
    Just for playing in the event, you will get three extra Enemy of the State tokens. If you place in the top 50 of your leaderboard you will also receive 10 Command Points. These will be gifted to everyone that participated the day after the event ends.

Although to be fair, you have be upto date with the latest info on the forum to know those things. I agree they can do a better job of wording their messages.

They should always assume that people don't read the forums and that in game messages need to convey a complete message.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    The announcement should have read "If you are willing to spend 5 to 10 hours every day for the next week grinding this test event you will also receive 10 CP".
  • Sambuca
    Sambuca Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I think that was their incentive to try and get people to go through the horrendous grind that was the test event. I tried and actually hit #47 in my slice with 3 hours left, but as I was overtaken I found I couldn't care less and ended up at #53 even though doing another of the final node + the Beast essential node would have gotten me back to #50.

Well, that is assuming that no one else earned any points in the last 30 minutes of the event (yeah right icon_rolleyes.gif ).
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Sambuca wrote:
    I think that was their incentive to try and get people to go through the horrendous grind...

Yeah, they probably wanted to see how many folks would competitively grind past max progression.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    BearVenger wrote:
    Sambuca wrote:
    I think that was their incentive to try and get people to go through the horrendous grind...

Yeah, they probably wanted to see how many folks would competitively grind past max progression.

I actually made top 50 and finished about 3K short of max progression.