Replay vid of our defense fights

Options
It would be really cool to be able to see our defense matches (lost or won), it would let us understand what went wrong for a particular fight, it would also let us confirm when boost are used, it may even let us evolve our strategies. Seeing or well or bad other are doing vs our rosters would be really cool.

I'd love to have this feature, if only to understand how weak level team can beat much higher one, or to gauge the efficiency of my team in defense, not to mention the order power are used.

Of course this would take a toll on D3 bandwith consumption, so it could be limited in time (24 hours?)

What do you think?

Comments

• It'd actually be very light on bandwidth because all they have to do is sent a text file that basically reads like:

turn 1: they swap tile at 3,3, with 3,4, tile X Y Z are generated.
    turn 2: you swap tile at 1,1 with 1,2, tile A B C are generated
    turn 3: they use ability X, changing these tiles to these colors

As long as you write down all the exact tiles matched, all the tiles generated, and the outcome of all abilities that may affect the board, it's trivial for your cilent to replay the match, and this is just all text info.

If this information is available it'd help people see that nerfing certain overpowered character is really a good thing when you see a lot of videos of how your characters were totally abused.
  • oh yes, you're quite right. I wonder if D3 already keeps an history of past fight, in which cas it'd be super easy to give us this feature icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    It'd actually be very light on bandwidth because all they have to do is sent a text file that basically reads like:

turn 1: they swap tile at 3,3, with 3,4, tile X Y Z are generated.
    turn 2: you swap tile at 1,1 with 1,2, tile A B C are generated
    turn 3: they use ability X, changing these tiles to these colors

As long as you write down all the exact tiles matched, all the tiles generated, and the outcome of all abilities that may affect the board, it's trivial for your cilent to replay the match, and this is just all text info.

If this information is available it'd help people see that nerfing certain overpowered character is really a good thing when you see a lot of videos of how your characters were totally abused.

actually a single byte is way enough to describe each game move and maybe two dozens to describe the initial stats. And 3 bits for every new tile entering (unless it's implied from the generator function and a single seed value).
  • Shameless bump. I cant believe no one is interested in this icon_cry.gif
  • Absolutely, this would be great. Referencing another thread, I'll be the AI's cascades wouldn't seem so "lucky" anymore when it controls your team. icon_rolleyes.gif