Only 1 Way for Consistent Progression?

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Maybe I'm naive, but is DDQ the only way to progress in this game that isn't random?

I mean, it's not a ton, but IF you have the required 3* and can achieve beating TBE, you can get a specific 3* cover. So with planning, you can continue to rack up 3* covers.

But is there any other way to get things not in a random way? To my knowledge, the only way to gain covers (the only progression in the game, right?) is to open a regular or event token (randomized), a vault token (smaller pool, but still random), progress in PVE/PVP (seemingly randomized choices for which covers can be attained, correlating to the next event, usually), or place in PVE/PVP (usually grinding so you can get a cover if you place high enough, or just right if you only want the 2*).

In so many other games, mobile or console, to level up, you fight or puzzle-solve to get experience and you can somewhat think "I need to win this many times to help my character." But in this game, almost every prize you can gain is randomly given to you. Not necessarily complaining, just curious what everyone else thinks.

Is there something I'm missing? Let me have it! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    The designers of this game definitely err on the side of randomized progress. To put it mildly. But the rewards in PvP/PvE aren't random, in that you know exactly which cover you're aiming for, both in progression and in placement.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    stowaway wrote:
    The designers of this game definitely err on the side of randomized progress. To put it mildly. But the rewards in PvP/PvE aren't random, in that you know exactly which cover you're aiming for, both in progression and in placement.

True. So basically, PVP/PVE offers you these (let's say up to 10 with progression and placement combined) to strive for and then it's up to you if you want to try to get them or not, right? So it's almost like they give you certain windows for certain characters to "level up" and you can choose whether to strive for them or take a break. But it's almost never based on when you want to level certain characters.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    The designers of this game definitely err on the side of randomized progress. To put it mildly. But the rewards in PvP/PvE aren't random
    But in both, the top progression awards are CP, which for all intents and purposes is a random award. Everything else is just stuff you get on the way to what you're really going for...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, Only 1 Way for Consistent Progression.

6d91b405a6439ff6b827ee19282a88eea40bbc40347d10c878c602fa54b0c6d0.jpg
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    CP are not 100% random award - it gives you option to get cheap ranodm prices or buy overpriced cover of your choice. And as much as near everyone prefer option one I know there are ppl that sometimes choose to go for option 2 (me included - not so long ago I had ny rulk at 345 with 2 more purp covers hanging there and iso ready to get him up to 270. I've decided to hold on with cp ready to buy 13th cover but luckyly 3 days before expire date on first cover Ive pulled red rulk).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only progression-advancing "certain' rewards in the game, beyond 2* tier:

-A 3* Hulk in The Hulk PVE
    -A 4* cover at mini-events like Antman's and TA Hulk's.
    -A 3*/4* cover every month in daily rewards depending on time played.
    -A 3* at DDQ's "Big Enchilada"
    -A 3* cover at 800 progression in PVP
    -A 3* cover at 1400 and 1700 progression in SHIELD simulator
    -A 3* cover at near max progression in PVE
    -A 3* cover a 3000 progression in season
    -A 4* cover at 1k progression in PVP
    -A 4* cover at 2k progression in SHIELD simulator
    (Note I'm not including placement rewards because they don't depend on your effort alone, so they are not "certain" though in other aspect.)

Certain 3*s are, I have to say, given away aplenty. 4* covers are not given away nowhere enough (not to mention how difficult the few available are to get after the 3* nerf and the 4* buff.)
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    And a Sentry cover in Thunderbolts Mointain sub of Prodigal Sun PvE.