Aren't the 3 EoTS tokens that they give us....

Options
2»

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do we know for sure that PVE vault tokens are valid for future runs of the same event? In other words have we had the same event twice since the change to "all vaults except new character release events"?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally, I like the random resets. If they change things to add a 12-24 hour buffer that would be fine, but I don't want to be stuck with a bad vault with no option other than paying for a reset or holding on to the tokens until next time (a few months later).

I mean, it is possible to end up with all 2* pulls, but it is great being able to limit the selection to more beneficial covers for when the rarer stuff is pulled.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simple question....but why is everyone opening them?

I understand opening before they stockpile, but with tokens like this where they are pre-stockpiled, why not just hold for the next run of EotS?

You could do that, certainly, if you think it will favorably affect your chances the next time around, but in general the chance of a good pull is so low that many of us feel we may as well pull them now.

Bear in mind that the only difference between a vault and a normal pull (assuming the chances are the same, which I beleive they roughly are,) is that when you have a run of bad luck in a vault you increase your chances to pull something good. Overall they come out about the same, so it doesn't really matter whether you pull from a vault or not.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did anyone even expect these? Always something or another to gripe about, my God.
    "Hi! Here's free stuff you didn't ask for, for doing stuff you were doing anyway!"
    "Step off, man!"
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, they announced we'd receive them. And people raised this specific issue at the outset.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled a LT that turned into my final cover for iceman, a red carnage cover I needed, and a random 2 star.

I personally think it worked out great, considering I only played 2 matches in that event LOL!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Did anyone even expect these? Always something or another to gripe about, my God.
    "Hi! Here's free stuff you didn't ask for, for doing stuff you were doing anyway!"
    "Step off, man!"
    Anyone that read the test event announcement expected them
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    People are saying that they did this on purpose, to lessen everyone's chances of pulling something meaningful, since some people pulled 5 - 20 tokens, already.

:+/
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just hoard them till the next time EOTS runs.

... and be disappointed when EotS doesn't have a vault on that run icon_twisted.gif
    Didn't they say that PvE events from now on will have the 80-piece vault? Holding true so far apart from new character release events so there's a good chance the next EOTS run will have a vault.

If not, just hoard them till the next-next run. :p
  • Mrwbdeal
    Mrwbdeal Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hated the reset, they could of told us at least. I pulled 3 2* torch's and 2* bullseye. Like getting a gift card to a store not close to you, drive the 200 miles and finding nothing but junk.
    icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just hoard them till the next time EOTS runs.

... and be disappointed when EotS doesn't have a vault on that run icon_twisted.gif
    Didn't they say that PvE events from now on will have the 80-piece vault? Holding true so far apart from new character release events so there's a good chance the next EOTS run will have a vault.

If not, just hoard them till the next-next run. :p

Except for new character releases. However, they've also backed off 7-day new release events, so I think a vsult is a safe bet.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Believe it or not, this isn't normal forum whining. Unlike the event tokens you earn, which might wind up with a reset vault if you're not quick, there was no way to apply these three tokens to your vault in progress. The great thing about event vault tokens is that they have a kind of cumulative value (unless you get an early lucky pull). I don't know if there's a coding issue in making this deadline different to that of PVP, or if they're concerned about exploits, but it seems like it would be a useful quality of life change rather than simply giving out free stuff.
  • TheAxis
    TheAxis Posts: 3
    Options
    I pulled 7 of the 10 miss marvels in my vault, and 2 of the 3 freebies were marvel as well
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Funny thing is, rng gave me 2 4*'s after getting diddly squat from my 20 some std vault pulls. Still they should have left the vault open to apply these 3 to it.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was disappointed that the tokens came too late to be pulled from the event vault I had been pulling from but still appreciated receiving them at all. It turned out to be 750 iso8.png that I didn't have before. icon_e_wink.gif