Unintended Consequences of EotS Test

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
If anyone can comment, please let me know.

Since many people who tested the event didn't fully participate, will those people end up in newbie brackets instead of veteran brackets? Or will the test ignore placements and use the previous PVE placements as a guideline?

Comments

• Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think 1 event is enough to drop you to a easier bracket.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even if they drop to newbie, all it will take is strong placement in that event to get back to what they're used to.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course, that event is a new character release.

I backed way off my usual amount of play for EotS. Even so, I found myself around the top 50 mark, so I did a little grinding to try to stay there. I'm nowhere near the 25 CP, though. Even the two progression rewards prior to that are unlikely.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah, I tried for a short time, but 35K will still wind up around 200th. I don't think 200th drops you anywhere. that's still 80th percentile. and that's pretty sad that less than 1/4 of the way to progression was better than 80% of the bracket. that is messed up.
  • az98
    az98 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ive been playing 6 months. Every previous PvE event I had no trouble getting the 3* progression reward. This event I spent more playtime, was in the top 300 (better then any other event Ive participated in) yet I was 25k points away from the 3* progression. It felt terrible, and I absolutely hated this event because of that. If every event requires that much playtime just to get to the 3* progression reward, then i'm done with pve. I dont have the time and willingness to put in more time into this game then what I already did.

I liked that I could play anytime, but that doesnt compare to not reaching my standard for progression.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    az98 wrote:
    Ive been playing 6 months. Every previous PvE event I had no trouble getting the 3* progression reward. This event I spent more playtime, was in the top 300 (better then any other event Ive participated in) yet I was 25k points away from the 3* progression. It felt terrible, and I absolutely hated this event because of that. If every event requires that much playtime just to get to the 3* progression reward, then i'm done with pve. I dont have the time and willingness to put in more time into this game then what I already did.

I liked that I could play anytime, but that doesnt compare to not reaching my standard for progression.

Same experience here in terms of being a 2* transition player who regularly got the 3* reward and spending WAY more time on this PvE than normal.

I'm 11K short (12 hrs to go but I'm not gonna try and grind for a Beast cover when I will un-roster him after this PvE). Amazingly with only 70K score I am a top 70 player so getting 2 Thor covers will make up for not getting a Beast one.

KGB