Request for transparency on scaling

Zanadin
Zanadin Posts: 8
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
While I haven't read through the aggregate hundreds (thousands?) of posts relating to the scaling tests for EoTS and the impending Magneto PVP scaling tests, as far as I can tell the community as of yet hasn't been able to determine how our rosters affect the new scaling. We know what the devs have told us, under the new system the number of covers a character has, in addition to character level will factor into the scaling of an event. But so far it seems pretty up in the air who on our roster is responsible for the scaling we see in the game.

In the old system, I believe (though I could be entirely wrong) the scaling was determined by our average "power" level, which was determined by our highest level characters for that particular event (top 3, possibly 4.) I understand this information might be incorrect. I believe I saw something along these lines on the forums in the past few months, and my own tests seem to point in this direction, but by all means correct me if there is a mistake.

Demiurge_Anthony was kind enough to provide us with a rough metric for what kind of levels we'd be seeing before EoTS opened last week, if you haven't seen it, it's mid-way down on page 3 of the monolithic "PVE Scaling Test" thread." It's fairly accurate as far as I can tell. According to that post and the levels I'm seeing in game, I am slightly below the 4* roster bracket (all 4* characters at max level.) Here are the top 6 characters on my roster for EoTS:

4pool: 209 (boosted 285) 3/5/2
Antman: 271 5/4/4
Phoenix: 255 3/1/3
Silver Surfer: 255 1/0/1
Blade: 173 (boosted 248) 3/5/5
Iceman: 172 (boosted 247 ) 3/1/4
Once unlocked my OML will show up at 255 2/0/1

I'd say I'd fit the bill of a 4* transitioner, most of my 4* are WIP's with varying degrees of usefulness in the 150-190 range. So I'm beginning to wonder, who among those 6 characters is making my roster to appear to the scaling system as someone who is not quite, but approaching having a fully fledged 4* roster. The championed Ant-man is obviously contributing, and I wouldn't be surprised if the partially completed Deadpool had a significant impact. But is my completely unleveled Phoenix really having that much of an impact at 7 covers? If 5* get weighted heavily into the new scaling test, then it seems to me that we're still working with scaling system that only measures a portion of your roster to determine your power.

To get to the crux of this post, what I am requesting here is more information in the future. I do not see the point is voicing my complaints about these scaling tests because the community has said pretty much anything I would want to articulate, and while the experience has been unpleasant, they are just tests for now. But when we do finally get a new system of scaling that the dev team feels is ready for permanent deployment can we more detailed information on how the scaling system works in general? How deep into our roster will the scaling system examine to determine our enemies; is it 3 characters or 15? How does a character's level and cover interplay affect it? (I'm thinking a level 300 4 cover 5* versus a 255 9 cover 5*.) How do champion levels factor into the scaling system? Ideally we'd get enough reliable information from the source where we'd be able to make educated decisions on which characters we keep, who we put our ISO into.

Comments

• I hear you Zanadin, but I fear it's like asking KFC for their secret recipe...it's not going to happen. All we do know is that the 5* introduction has messed up a whole lot of rosters and Championing has lured some soft-cappers out of their holes - and snared them. Maybe a question for the team is ... why don't you feel able to release the scaling algorithm?