Lightning Rounds?

Options
madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Am I missing something? I'm not seeing any lightning rounds. Don't they start noon eastern on Tuesday?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't they shift an hour after Daylight Savings Time?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    They did last week at least, so we're still an hour away from the start time.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    They did last week at least, so we're still an hour away from the start time.

The PvE and PvP times shifted back, so it's a little weird that the lightning rounds don't.

I'm in Central Time and I liked the "odd hour" start times. I could hit more of them then.
  • madsalad
    Options
    I would think they readjusted by now. Oh well.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    The PvE and PvP times shifted back, so it's a little weird that the lightning rounds don't.

I'm in Central Time and I liked the "odd hour" start times. I could hit more of them then.
    central here too and the evens cost me 2 LRs/day (1 during family dinner and one over night), but I'm sure for some its better. i found it really odd that the main event times shifted with us. so the times changed by 1 hour for all non-DST people? why change the regular events and not the LRs?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Story, Deadpool and multi-day PvPs adjust for DST, daily rewards and lightning rounds don't. Who knows why.
  • madsalad
    Options
    Story, Deadpool and multi-day PvPs adjust for DST, daily rewards and lightning rounds don't. Who knows why.

This makes perfect sense to me...

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know it's not how it actually works, but the concept of a LR that starts (and subsequently ends) the exact moment you "spring forward" amuses me.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is it me or is anyone else seeing a large number of teams masquerading as seed teams in the Lightning rounds today? I've scanned several and even mistakenly clicked on one.

I'm seeing a very, very high level Ragnorak, for example, with two level ones. It seems like a seed team but rags has like 12000 hps .... When I see the roster of the player, it's fully maxed five stars. I'm assuming it's just for giggles but I didn't know if this was a normal thing.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm loving the new look LRs. Rotating through the massive list of 3*s every week really keeps them fresh and interesting.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MeatLoafX wrote:
    Is it me or is anyone else seeing a large number of teams masquerading as seed teams in the Lightning rounds today? I've scanned several and even mistakenly clicked on one.

I'm seeing a very, very high level Ragnorak, for example, with two level ones. It seems like a seed team but rags has like 12000 hps .... When I see the roster of the player, it's fully maxed five stars. I'm assuming it's just for giggles but I didn't know if this was a normal thing.
    I've never done it, but since many vets have written off EotS, some might be yo-yo farming LRs. push high early. put in a weaker team so you get beat down so you can push high again. rinse/repeat as many times as time allows. I've actually been doing this in shield sim with EotS the slog that it is. solid reward drops on every node and no nodes over level 280 or so. win.

and a big screw you to the afternoon update - got my seeds in before it reloaded the game. gotta try harder next time sucka! lol
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Options
    I was seeing these teams within 10-15 minutes of the start. It seemed like they were just mimicking a seen team (maxed Ragnorak with a level one venom and iron man for example). I typically try to hit it hard early in an attempt to get mainly seeds up to 250 (can almost make it and typically need one non seed and a little luck)... But then I wasn't watching and got one of these pretend seeds and knocked me out of the 250 reward (my own fault)... And I've seen it multiple times today.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm loving the new look LRs. Rotating through the massive list of 3*s every week really keeps them fresh and interesting.
    40 different 3stars, yet we play with the same 10. And the 10 we play with aren't even distributed equally
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    40 different 3stars, yet we play with the same 10. And the 10 we play with aren't even distributed equally

The person in charge of LRs:

7S5g5.jpg
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madsalad wrote:

This makes perfect sense to me...

icon_rolleyes.gif
    It JUST dawned on me (halfway thru LRs this week) that this is why I'm checking in, right on the dot on even hours, and NOT seeing seed teams.

:facepalm: