Ghostrider working right in PVE?

Options
Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone notice if there GR (black) is working right in this new PVE?

In the GR essential node (Gordon and 2 shinobi) my GR is getting hit by Gordon and the damage is adding up for the shinobi. I could be wrong but I thought the person who attacks GR get the damage deal back at them. Therefore if Gordon hits you, Gordon should be hit back with penance stare.

Anyone see this?

Darknes21

Please don't more my post to the bug section where no one looks!

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well, if what I'm understanding from your post is right, then you're mistaken, Penance Stare is an active skill which deals a percentage of the damage back to the person who dealt it when you use it

so, say Gorgon deals 5000 damage to anyone on your team (doesn't have to be GR), so you use penance stare level 1, and GR will deal 2500 (50%) back to gorgon
  • Darknes21
    Options
    Ok...the problem I'm seeing is that I'm getting hit by Gordon but the damage is adding up for the ninjas
  • Cartoon Face
    Options
    HxiiiK wrote:
    well, if what I'm understanding from your post is right, then you're mistaken, Penance Stare is an active skill which deals a percentage of the damage back to the person who dealt it when you use it

so, say Gorgon deals 5000 damage to anyone on your team (doesn't have to be GR), so you use penance stare level 1, and GR will deal 2500 (50%) back to gorgon

I'm pretty sure penance stare only works off the damage Ghost Rider takes, not the team. If however you are using the penance stare team up then it will reflect the damage from whatever ally is active at the time.
  • Darknes21
    Options
    To clarify I'm using GR not the TU.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm pretty sure penance stare only works off the damage Ghost Rider takes, not the team. If however you are using the penance stare team up then it will reflect the damage from whatever ally is active at the time.

I'm pretty sure it's any damage done by the enemy, which is why I constantly have Penance Stare values over 10K against Kishu.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's any damage done by the enemy, which is why I constantly have Penance Stare values over 10K against Kishu.

Yeah, first person was wrong. It is damage dealt to your team, not just GR.

And maybe the issue is that Gorgon is making the match, but match damage tile strength is higher for the goons? So the damage dealt is actually coming from the goons even though they aren't technically moving the board.

Just a theory.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The ninjas have higher match damage than Gorgon on all colors but redflag.pngpurpleflag.png , while Gorgon may be the one moving the board, it's the ninjas that do the damage
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ... and now I am going to subconsciously refer to Gorgon as "Gordon".....and wonder what his last name is.

You just know Gorgon became a super-villain to show those guys who gave him **** about his nerdy name.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's working as intended for me... I'm getting my **** kicked by caltrops, and by the time I get 12 black, the kishu is dead, so the black AP is worthless...
  • Cartoon Face
    Options

Wrong. It counts all damage an enemy has done to anyone.

For what it's worth, the calculations I have seen in game are correct.

... and now I am going to subconsciously refer to Gorgon as "Gordon".....and wonder what his last name is.

Good to know, i just thought that as every time ive used GR he never tanks therefore never takes any damage. Then when I go to use Penance; it says 0 damage. EWither way cheers for clarification.
  • Darknes21
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    The ninjas have higher match damage than Gorgon on all colors but redflag.pngpurpleflag.png , while Gorgon may be the one moving the board, it's the ninjas that do the damage

Thx that makes sense!
  • Darknes21
    edited March 2016
    Options

Your a ####! But I can't stop laughing! FU autocorrect!

Edited: don't want to get booted!
  • Darknes21
    edited March 2016
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:

Your a ####! But I can't stop laughing! FU autocorrect!
    I hope you meant to type "duck" ?

Dam you autocorrect! Got me again! Or is that Gorgon's last name?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [

Yeah this can't be unseen, and definitely is the main takeaway from this thread.

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, Attack tiles don't belong to anyone so the damage they deal is basically ignored by Penance Stare, so if you match away Gorgon's Hand tiles the Attack tiles they generate will -still- leave him at 0 damage done for the match.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Also, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, Attack tiles don't belong to anyone so the damage they deal is basically ignored by Penance Stare, so if you match away Gorgon's Hand tiles the Attack tiles they generate will -still- leave him at 0 damage done for the match.
    i wonder how strikes are handled? do they even count towards PS? or does the damaging party get the additional PS credit for the additional strike damage?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    i wonder how strikes are handled? do they even count towards PS? or does the damaging party get the additional PS credit for the additional strike damage?

Wasn't this the anti-vision "fix" from last fall? Before that. Attack tiles belonged to the central character. So vision and 3* bullseye really worked well in the middle slot.
  • Darknes21
    Options
    Think I got all the ducks now! So sorry cartoon face, must have grabbed the wrong "
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Damage modified by strike tiles is added to the running damage total for whoever dealt the damage, as usual.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Commissioner_Gordon.png

When I read the OP I instantly thought we were finally getting the Commish. So many variants. He could be the new Wolverine and cover every * level. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2570988246_b6d7309361.jpg

CROWBAR TO THE FACE