Stupid question of the Day #2

Options
Ok so in my time with MPQ i have come across many teams with C.Storm and OBW and it got me wondering something. Currently i use Storm in my team, along with the punisher as now i am 1 cover away from been able to max him out (level 88 right now but pumping iso into him) and i just pulled another OBW cover and 1 away from maxing her too. I would like to use her somehow but i dont know how to use her with Storm. OBW's blue heals but Storm's blue does a ton of damage so who do you prioritize? How do they work in the same team? Cause when i face them in pvp i find it easy to defeat them and wonder why people keep using them?

Comments

• Between Aggressive Recon, Espionage, and Lightning Storm, OBW and Storm can generate A LOT of AP, either for a third character or for Wind Storm; and then once you have the opponent on the ropes you can heal and be ready for the next battle. They're a great pair on offence, but their low HP and the bad AI make them vulnerable when defending unless you get unlucky.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Whenever I lose a match, it is almost always to some sort of OBW + Storm combination. Once they get going, it is really hard to make a dent.
  • Would Punisher/OBW/Storm be a good team for attack then?
  • Its a good, versatile team. Even if some ability colors overlap its nice to have some flexibility.
  • Even with the large AP generation, having 2 of them cap at 85 and 50 makes you a target for *** teams, let alone how squishy both of them are compared to thor.
    Attack wise, punisher is a great strike tile generator, in addition to his red finishing move that is. Having him overlap green with storm seems counter productive tho.
    Perhaps replace storm with a thor?
    He's a better generator/battery that tanks.
    He's got great hp, his yellow feeds punisher green and with that you cover all colors (RGB-pun, PbB-OBW, rYg-thor).
  • Jeremychen wrote:
    Even with the large AP generation, having 2 of them cap at 85 and 50 makes you a target for *** teams, let alone how squishy both of them are compared to thor.
    Attack wise, punisher is a great strike tile generator, in addition to his red finishing move that is. Having him overlap green with storm seems counter productive tho.
    Perhaps replace storm with a thor?
    He's a better generator/battery that tanks.
    He's got great hp, his yellow feeds punisher green and with that you cover all colors (RGB-pun, PbB-OBW, rYg-thor).
    yeah sounds good. just have to level him first, been stuck on 40 for over a month despite me maxing his covers lol guess he will be my next
  • Imagine if two versions of the same charater could be on the same team.

Example: C-Storm, M-Storm, Obw. That would be a horrifying team because of unlimited ap stealing and ap generation. M-storm and Obw black powers would do tons of damage. Once this team gets going there'sno coming back . . .
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event encouraged me to use (and level up) Magneto Now.
    Dude is made for feeding C.Storm and/or OBW. Get his purple move going and you can do a lot of damage as Storm. If it's a fight I know healing won't help much in, I sub OBW for Thor, that way if purples are sparse I can fall back on yellows, greens and reds. Thor's maxed out yellow is insane for Storm. I've had times when I've got going and not stopped until everyone was dead.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Gotta say, I much prefer the amazing C. Storm and GSBW synergy. Purple to fuel a green to fuel more purple? Lovely.

Put them with a Spidey and after 4 turns the fight's just one big **** loop. Put them in the desert and the fight's a big joke.