Token pulls predetermined

Options
2»

Comments

• laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Theoretically, would the numbers generated change the result of your pulls on a new season start when new characters were introduced in the tokens? I guess it would depend on their sorting (alphabetical or just by most recent). I mean they must re-calculate your random numbers at SOME point, otherwise you'd never be choosing from the new pool of characters...

I have an expiring red IMHB in my queue and am debating whether to spend my stash trying to get another blue/black one to champion him, or wait for the next season for a shot at Quake/Punisher.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theoretically, would the numbers generated change the result of your pulls on a new season start when new characters were introduced in the tokens? I guess it would depend on their sorting (alphabetical or just by most recent). I mean they must re-calculate your random numbers at SOME point, otherwise you'd never be choosing from the new pool of characters...

I have an expiring red IMHB in my queue and am debating whether to spend my stash trying to get another blue/black one to champion him, or wait for the next season for a shot at Quake/Punisher.

I suspect the random number isn't pre-assigned to a cover. It's just a pre-generated value between 0 and 1 (or whatever) that gets mapped to a probability table that is created on the fly (for vaults at least) when you open the token.
  • laughingMAN
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I suspect the random number isn't pre-assigned to a cover. It's just a pre-generated value between 0 and 1 (or whatever) that gets mapped to a probability table that is created on the fly (for vaults at least) when you open the token.

That was my assumption as well. If so, then it seems likely that the covers you acquire from your assigned sequence would change when new characters are introduced to the various token pools.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Yes, but that wouldn't matter unless you already knew what that sequence was going to be before the pool changed.
  • laughingMAN
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Yes, but that wouldn't matter unless you already knew what that sequence was going to be before the pool changed.

It's more a matter of whether holding tokens for next season would have any chance of pulling new 4*s. If the answer was a guaranteed "no" then I would pull them now to maybe make use of that 1 HB cover (which I would otherwise only consider a mild waste given my current roster).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    It's more a matter of whether holding tokens for next season would have any chance of pulling new 4*s. If the answer was a guaranteed "no" then I would pull them now to maybe make use of that 1 HB cover (which I would otherwise only consider a mild waste given my current roster).

Ah, gotcha. No I would not expect the actual covers to be pre-selected, so saving tokens for the new season should work.

The random values probably aren't even assigned to a specific token; they're likely generated long before you get any of the tokens, and you are simply working your way through your random values as you use tokens.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone tested how the ordering works? If I pull cover X from my one heroic token which is then reset. If I earn another heroic token when I open the first of the two will it give me cover X (fifo) or will it draw some other cover from my second heroic and only replace cover X when I draw the token with only 1 left (lifo)?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme wrote:
    Has anyone tested how the ordering works? If I pull cover X from my one heroic token which is then reset. If I earn another heroic token when I open the first of the two will it give me cover X (fifo) or will it draw some other cover from my second heroic and only replace cover X when I draw the token with only 1 left (lifo)?
    Not speaking as a mod here: I wouldn't try to test this too much, if I were you. The last thing you want to do is to look like you're trying to find a new way to manipulate your token pulls and end up getting flagged as a cheater.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fair point. I just like trying to figure out what's going on under the bonnet (or hood) I've no particular desire to game the system.