"Hero Power Levels" [merged threads]

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
.......the disconnect is SO vast, it's really sad.

There are people on here AND on Facebook, who have NO IDEA what "Hero Power Levels" even means.

:+/

Can't something be done about this?

Comments

• In announcements for the new system, D3 refers to hero levels and hero power levels. Are the hero power levels the number of covers the hero has?

Thanks.
    Previously, players were matched against other players based solely on heroes’ levels. Now, players will be matched against other players based on the hero power levels as well.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Such a beautifully ambiguous phrase.

I assume this refers to the character's "Power Level" in comics. Characters will now receive an additional scaling boost according to their Power Level - finally, a great reason to champion Squirrel Girl!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nobody knows for sure, but the prevailing thought is that "power levels" refer to the number of covers on a particular character. presumably this aids someone with a couple of 1-cover 5*s that jack up their scaling. or this screws over someone with 7 useless covers with an OML that is 2/-/5. THAT guy is screwed....presumably. allegedly. possibly. maybe.

edit: lol there are 2 of these threads. I assume tlc knows and this is a sarc thread. I meant to post this to the other one. duh.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    posted this in the wrong thread...
    TxMoose wrote:
    nobody knows for sure, but the prevailing thought is that "power levels" refer to the number of covers on a particular character. presumably this aids someone with a couple of 1-cover 5*s that jack up their scaling. or this screws over someone with 7 useless covers with an OML that is 2/-/5. THAT guy is screwed....presumably. allegedly. possibly. maybe.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    How about they just post a sticky thread that is basically a thesaurus that matches our terms up with theirs? That would help stifle a lot of the confusion that goes on.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hero power levels = number of covers
    Pins = nodes

etc, etc

It's funny how we talk a different language to the devs...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merged two threads on the same topic.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Perhaps both sides should appoint representatives. Oh, wait, the devs did, they hired a community manager (didn't they?).

I don't believe Demiurge has their own Community Manager. But D3 Go! does. I asked the devs for clarification earlier and I'll post the answer when I have it.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I don't believe Demiurge has their own Community Manager. But D3 Go! does.

Savage.
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    I can't wait to be penalized for not leveling 4* and 5* when I don't have the iso to actually level them.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Perhaps both sides should appoint representatives. Oh, wait, the devs did, they hired a community manager (didn't they?).

I don't believe Demiurge has their own Community Manager. But D3 Go! does. I asked the devs for clarification earlier and I'll post the answer when I have it.

icon_e_wink.gif

Guilty once again of using "devs" collectively. "Pubs" just doesn't have much ring. From the player perspective, you're all just a "them". icon_lol.gif

Funny, I'm a big fan of pubs. Probably spent too much of my life in them. All right, when Them answers. Them will post a response. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *UPDATE* More On Power Levels (3/22/16)

As requested, here's additional clarity regarding Power Levels:

Demiurge Quote:
      "Power levels are synonymous with how many covers a Hero has in a particular ability (or Power). Consider the screenshot of Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) below: Cyclops' Optic Blasts power has a power level of 5 while his Mutant Revolutionary power has a power level of 3. The algorithm for determining what level enemies you play against in Story content takes the player's heroes' levels and their power levels into account. For Versus content, matchmaking takes a combination of the player's current score in the Versus event as well as their heroes' levels and power levels when finding a opponent."

MPQ_Cyclops_Hero_Levels_March_2016.jpg
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You don't have enough iso to champ your Cyc either huh?