How much longer is a full clear taking you?

Options
Slarow
Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
(Edit) To clarify, when I say "full clear", I meant one hit on each node.

As far as the strategy side of the changes in PVE, I am very happy with the new PVE, in that it actually does take strategy to clear nodes without losing or losing health packs (which was never a concern in previous PVE's). I have been trying out a bunch of different teams, and have mostly settled on running IM40/3Cap/Hood or IM40/4thor/storm (as all wolvies are locked out).

Just curious, but personally, I was able to do a full clear 3x each 24 hours and hit max prog in the past 10+ pve events. The current system takes me somewhere like 3-4 times as long to run a full clear, all for the exact same reward (or, in my case, the same amount of time for 1/4 the reward and probably no max prog). I am curious what you are experiencing.

My suggestion would be to start the scaling out much lower, and then scale up much faster and higher, allowing anyone to knock off at least one with little effort, but need to employ good strategy by the 3rd, letting the higher end of the scaling in 4-6 separate the men from the boys.

As a side note, I wonder if my 360 OML is calculated into the scaling (next highest are ~275 4*'s), even though he is not available in any sub, and that has boosted my scaling?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's taking me about 2 times as long as a normal PvE (maybe 2.5). That's partly due to not having trivial nodes, and having higher scaling overall. But it's also due to Enemy of the State not being a normal PvE. Survival nodes and especially brutal goon feeders, etc.

I imagine your OML was included in your scaling calculation. He's not locked out for the whole event. You should have him back in the next sub, if I'm remembering correctly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mine is about 2X, but I'm not putting in twice the time - RL is too important to me to neglect. so, I'm only pacing to about half of progression.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently it's taking me very slightly longer to clear than a usual EOTS run, because the boosted characters aren't good at dealing with attack tiles so I have to be very methodical about stunning Teisatsu ninjas before I nuke them in survival nodes. But it's only going that quickly because I'm bringing a nuke (max boosted Iceman and Cyclops, fueled by IM40 in non-essential nodes) to what would otherwise be a slapfight; without a team capable of dropping the hammer on level 300+ opponents I'd be spending way more time in every fight, which is nuts.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Slarow wrote:
    The current system takes me somewhere like 3-4 times as long to run a full clear, all for the exact same reward (or, in my case, the same amount of time for 1/4 the reward and probably no max prog). I am curious what you are experiencing.

My suggestion would be to start the scaling out much lower, and then scale up much faster and higher, allowing anyone to knock off at least one with little effort, but need to employ good strategy by the 3rd, letting the higher end of the scaling in 4-6 separate the men from the boys.
    There is no way it's taking you 3x longer unless your scaling is so bad it's taking you multiple attempts to beat multiple nodes that you previously would have cleared on the first try.

I think first time through it's about 15-25% longer for me, ramping up with the scaling to 50-75% longer on later clears.

Hard to say right now, but between the 15-75% longer clear times and 37% increase in final progression points I will probably need to spend close to 50% more time overall for the same final progression reward.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I took the 5x choice, but I'd like to revise that to 2x. It just doesn't feel like a "clear" until I start seeing timers.

This was not the best event to promote a particularly grindy formula. When the new sub opened up, I went to sleep, rather than run through each node once. I've not done that in at least a year. It feels like I should have more progression awards than I do so far.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I said 5x as well, but I would willing to revise that. I just don't feel motivated to fully clear the nodes because achieving max progression has become such a tall order. I usually take my time and wait for my characters to fully heal before I go at it again. I can normally clear about half of the nodes before I hit this point, depending on how forgiving the scaling is. Under the new PVE I find myself playing the game a lot less in general.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cant actually do a full clear anymore - everything over Lv 300 so restricted to 5/6 characters that can handle it - even averaging only 1 health pack required after each node for 6 clears that's 60 health packs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've yet to do a 'clear' in this system. Been bouncing around nodes, clearing some in bunches and others in rotation (based on characters used and health pack situation)

Theoretically, only the time where you actually start the refresh timer matters; the first 5 clears on each node can be done in any order. It's probably faster to clear down one stack at a time to avoid wasting time switching characters, but scaling prevents that to a degree.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I've yet to do a 'clear' in this system. Been bouncing around nodes, clearing some in bunches and others in rotation (based on characters used and health pack situation)

Theoretically, only the time where you actually start the refresh timer matters; the first 5 clears on each node can be done in any order. It's probably faster to clear down one stack at a time to avoid wasting time switching characters, but scaling prevents that to a degree.
    I think actually that the new optimal play style would be to start the timer on the largest node possible first, then the others one by one. The sooner you get that timer started the better. I'm thinking hardest essential node 6 times, then 2nd hardest, then 3rd hardest, then clear the other nodes once, then start with the hardest and clear it 5 times in a row and then work backward from there until you have started all the timers.

Of course the difference between this and the traditional method probably amounts to no more than one additional 20 pt clear once everything is done, but still.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    Cant actually do a full clear anymore - everything over Lv 300 so restricted to 5/6 characters that can handle it - even averaging only 1 health pack required after each node for 6 clears that's 60 health packs.

That's my roster as well, I would have to use the same three characters for the entire event to try to handle it.

My clear time has gone to infinity, can't do it.

Update to below - one full clear is 2-3x longer.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Druss wrote:

That's my roster as well, I would have to use the same three characters for the entire event to try to handle it.

My clear time has gone to infinity, can't do it.

When I said "full clear", I had meant one tap on each node (I have updated the OP). I was intending this to be an apples-to-apples comparison of a single clear. I too have yet to get the timer to appear on all (or even most) of the nodes. Hopefully when OML unlocks things will go better, but for now I am in the same boat.