New PvE Scaling and Structure - My Ideas for Change

Options
Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So initially I was going to add this to the main stickied thread on the topic, but then realised that it is now 28 pages of hate and this would be lost.

With regards to the current EoTS scaling they have running I think they have gone the wrong way. Grinding for placement is more intensive than ever and more clears are required than before for progression too. The starting level of opponents is also way too high, and there are no easy nodes for anyone to dabble in. In addition to this you are all but locked into your A-team after your first clear or so, so why have 80+ roster slots?

I had an idea for a way to truly do away with the refresh timer once and for all, as this is the only way to give people the freedom to play whenever they want. I think that this idea will also give you the opportunity to play with your whole roster and also will benefit those who have spent the resources (time, money, sanity) to build a strong roster as they will be able to progress further, without locking out the newer players. Its a simple solution (in my eyes anyway) which I believe would work much better.

All 9 nodes in every sub start with 3 level 1 opponents, which once you beat jump up in levels. Then with each subsequent clear there difficulty increases on and on ad infinitum to the point where there is the potential to face 3 lvl 1000 opponents or more. Every clear should be worth 100 points (example figure) more than the last, and the rewards for completing nodes structured such that is starts with 70 iso and builds up to the CP (or the other highest rewards) on clear 7.

This method would give back the easy nodes as all nodes will be easy for the first 3 or 4 clears. It also completely strips away the timing element of PvE completely, giving people true freedom to play as they please.

In addition to this it also gives the placement rewards to the people most deserving. Placement rewards will go to the people who can climb the highest in the event, not those with the most spare time. Progression should be set so that 4-5 clears will get the job done (as it is now).

So in short, do away with Trivial, Normal, and Hard nodes and have all nodes equal. Starting easy and climbing as follows (again example figures):

1st Clear - level 1
2nd Clear - level 20
3rd Clear - level 50
4th Clear - level 100
5th Clear - level 160
6th Clear - level 230
7th Clear - level 300
etc....

So what do you all think? I'm sure that there would be flaws that I'm just not seeing in the above (please point them out if there is) but surely this would work much better than the current proposal, and is a more true PvE experience too. This mode would be more about how far you can push than how much time you could spend.

To the mods: I know there are a gazillion threads about the scaling already, but I would appreciate a little time on this for responses to gauge what other people think of this idea before merging. If you would be so kind as to stay your merge finger for a while it would be appreciated.