Should the Taco vaults be revised?

Options
SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Before the Taco vaults were implemented:
The last 3* (Bullseye) had just been introduced.
Championing didn't exist - you only needed 13 of any character.
There were VASTLY fewer 4* characters available.
5*'s did not yet exist (introduced a few months later)
CP did not yet exist.
HP still could get you specific covers - no longer!
ISO is needed now more than ever, with so many higher level characters available.

I've always suggested the Taco vaults are way to big - vaults of 100 with the same 3*/4*/LT's in there (and possibly CP added in there, possibly instead of some of the HP or health packs). The ISO rewards should be drastically increased. I've also suggested for quite some time that 4* -daily- DDQ should already be happening.

However the change is made, I would think that with the vault "clear" coming up (about 50 days remain if folks hoarded), it is well past time to consider switching these rewards up to keep pace with the changing game.

Curious if others think the vaults are fine, or well past time to change and make them exciting again. What should those changes be?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So you're saying "I want better prizes, better chances of getting them, and more opportunities to get them."

Who wouldn't want that?
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    irwando wrote:
    So you're saying "I want better prizes, better chances of getting them, and more opportunities to get them."

Who wouldn't want that?

I'm saying the game changed lots since this was introduced. Before vaults, folks were hoarding tacos for specific 3*'s. Think about that - vets still needed thirteen 3*'s, some of them were new to the game.

Now you need 113 3*'s instead of 13. Now you have double (haven't counted, a guess) the number of 4*'s that existed. Now you need way, WAY more ISO than before.

The game changed. Other token draws have updated to reflect that (more 4*'s, LT's in vaults for example). The Tacos never have.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    While thinking about -how- this revision could happen, I thought about the current PVE test. Yikes, scaling.

Wait...what if DDQ scaled up for a second run (once, not seven times...DDQ is nice in part because it isn't incredibly time consuming...), and that second run gave better rewards and more tacos all at once? Put a basic layout of that over in suggestions:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41618

That's one thing I've always wondered about - you could give out Tacos in a lot more places in the game. More draw chances at a vault would be similar to making the vault smaller.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yea when I opened my 150 tacos to get ICE man and a LT I found myself at 115 health packs. Good thing I got them since I have been trying to play EOTS to give the Dev's some feedback. By the end of PVE I should be out of Health Packs by then.
    I do think if they cut out some of the health packs and 2* and add more 4* bigger ISO rewards and CP they would be much better. If they make the vault smaller I am not sure they will add bigger rewards. A bump in ISO especially would be huge.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted option 2, but 1 would be decent as well. It's taking me a long time to collect 300 tokens so that I'll be guaranteed one of the four top prizes! I'm almost there, though. 220... Just 80 more left!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I voted for 3., partly because DDQ got quite a bit harder but the rewards have stayed the same. The nodes should be giving out more rewards at least to reflect this, particularly taco tokens. I wish the vault were a smaller size, but I feel increasing token obtainability would be more immediately useful.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A vault of 300 items that runs for only 5 days is ridiculous (yes it comes back the next week but still). Event vaults have 80 items and they don't run for more than 7 days.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Health packs are the only reason I use my tacos. Don't take them from me!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The correct answer (The taco vaults should have been revised in July 2015 right after they were released! They have always been way too big and way too full of **** relative to the taco distribution rate) was not included in your poll.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I open a 3* cover that improves my roster (however marginally) on more days than not, and Tacos are a nontrivial reason why. I also have just about as much Iso as I need to keep up with my covers (in fact probably a bit more than that).

As someone who has completed the transition to 3* play, and "competes" for top 300, DDQ is well-suited to my needs.

I understand that most long-time players are more competitive than I am, and are looking to work on 4*s, where DDQ Iso is more of a source of frustration than anything, but I think that's an argument for putting more Iso into high-level competitive rewards, not into DDQ.

Not that I'd object to having more incentive to play DDQ or anything, but since it's by far the most incentivized part of the game already, it doesn't seem like much of a priority to me.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    If game devs decide to make changes, PLEASE WAIT until after I hoard 300 tacos! icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif