Thevipper
Thevipper Posts: 90
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With my highest lvl being a 2 star thor lvl 98 wth

Comments

• edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Skip it. Or actually go ahead and play it if it is just a 1 cover five star. A one cover five star is cake in pvp. Sure, the hp is high, but you don't have to worry about high powered attacks.
  • Thevipper
    Options
    they hit me and it was a lvl 357 oml my highest lvl character is a 2 star thor lvl 98 and 2 star obw and c storm at 76. i got 400 points taken within 3 hrs I made the 400 back and already lost 200 and he was 1 that took it but not 1 i hit im sitting at 1200 pts and at 1400 rewards was working on 1500 trying to get 1700 for yellow luke cage. all 14 of my 3 stars are lvl 40 and the most covered are black panther at 1/2/2. punisher at 2/1/1. luke cage at 1/0/2. hulk at 2/0/1. quicksilver at 1/1/1 iron man model 40 0/1/1. kamalea khan at 1/1/0. everyone else is just 1 cover. out of all the 6 4 star characters I have only 1 cover except invisible woman and she's just 0/1/1 and no 5 star. i did pull a blue silver surfer but it was my first time I said whats the odds of me getting a 5 star off my first legend pull... I never recuited him and just sold him.
  • Thevipper
    Options
    yea the simulator sorry
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thevipper wrote:
    they hit me and it was a lvl 357 oml my highest lvl character is a 2 star thor lvl 98 and 2 star obw and c storm at 76. i got 400 points taken within 3 hrs I made the 400 back and already lost 200 and he was 1 that took it but not 1 i hit im sitting at 1200 pts and at 1400 rewards was working on 1500 trying to get 1700 for yellow luke cage. all 14 of my 3 stars are lvl 40 and the most covered are black panther at 1/2/2. punisher at 2/1/1. luke cage at 1/0/2. hulk at 2/0/1. quicksilver at 1/1/1 iron man model 40 0/1/1. kamalea khan at 1/1/0. everyone else is just 1 cover. out of all the 6 4 star characters I have only 1 cover except invisible woman and she's just 0/1/1 and no 5 star. i did pull a blue silver surfer but it was my first time I said whats the odds of me getting a 5 star off my first legend pull... I never recuited him and just sold him.

Wonder if Google translate will work on this?
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Thevipper wrote:
    yea the simulator sorry
    That's kind of the breaks in Simulator when you get that high in points. My only suggestion is to keep skipping until you find a better battle, but with your roster, you are going to get knocked down fast. Go to sleep and you may be below 1000 by morning.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With your roster it's going to be hard to get to 2000 without shield hopping. The first time I hit 2000 I had a maxed covered 3*roster (mostly around lvl140) but I still had to hop from 1700....good luck but just remember this game is a grind, you don't get a 4* roster overnight. Not ever player with less then a year in is supposed to get to 2k or hit 1k in regular pvp events. (Not that I know how long you been playing).

Darknes21
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice to see etiquette on the forum eh
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's early in the season and there aren't many people with points yet. Wait a week and you should be able to make a smoother climb. Past 1500 use some iso ap boosts to make your climb faster so you can hit your target before getting knocked down. That's how I used to do it with my alt account during its 2* phase and later with lvl 94 3*s.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thevipper wrote:
    yea the simulator sorry

To be fair I see a roster like that and I am going to be hitting it all day long. It's not personal just easy points are easy points.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options

I has got owned
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    The problem with shield sim is that you have way too much time remaining to push that high right now. You would much better served staying below 1,000 points, and make a push to 2k at around 4 days prior to expiration. Use 8 hour shields to keep your points. Line up good, winnable matches while shielded.

Honestly, a two star roster with over 1k points will be visible to all comers right now, including 4/5* players. That's why you're getting hit.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice to see etiquette on the forum eh

I really did want to understand what was written but my brain turned to mush. You could figure that out?
  • J2L
    J2L Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm guessing you attack his/her (5* player) cake team, then he or she retaliated. That player most likely farming you for ISO, not points.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Options
    As a newbie, I appreciate the advice in this thread. I'm wanting to hit 4000 for the season and 1700 in he SHIELD sim, but I am hovering around 1200 because I go up to 1300 and get knocked senseless.

Is there a guide to how the rules of pvp work?

I assumed that if I punched up, I would get more points than those who just smacked around us newbies... But it always seems like I'm getting 20 point matches and getting hit for 50 a pop... If I go to retaliate, a 1 point matchup isn't uncommon (so I skip them of course). I'm realizing that my two star roster is basically just a punching bag for developed rosters (why they can get 40 points for punching down is beyond me).

Any help to maximize the success for us newbies is appreciated - thank you.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MeatLoafX/

Edit: I posted this, logged back in and had been hit for 33. My retaliation would be worth 3 points... I don't get it. I'm sure there's a good reason that developed teams can prey on lower tiers with zero worries and still get tons of points, but it makes it awful hard to get anywhere....

Edit 2: I have reviewed the FAQ thread and other guides. Again, thank you to everyone for the help!
  • Thevipper
    Options
    I know who all i hit that name with the 5* wasn't one i wasn't blaming them i would do the same.

i'm not going for the 2k pts just 1.7k for the yellow luke cage i'm working on 3* as i farm iso for the 6 other 2*'s i have all covers for while looking for the last 5 covers i need for 2* mag. i'm not saying anything wrong about the 600 pt drop that will happen i was talking about a 5* with in the 600 pt drop i knew i would lose pts i just need to grind.

im not even 50 days in just hit 41 days. I just grind i already made a top 10 by shield hopping on a 3 day pvp in blind justice just board with pve and ive been getting alot more iso from pvp than pve
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    MeatLoafX wrote:
    [...]
    The reason why you can't find any beatable teams for more than 38 points is: you're probably the highest scoring player with a similar roster. Beating someone with a stronger roster doesn't necessarily give us more points. Beating someone with a higher score than us will always give us more points.
    either that or the matchmaking just sort of sleeps and gives you the same low value matches over and over.
    sometimes you just have to win one of those matches to get new opponents, sometimes restarting the game helps
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    MeatLoafX wrote:
    As a newbie, I appreciate the advice in this thread. I'm wanting to hit 4000 for the season and 1700 in he SHIELD sim, but I am hovering around 1200 because I go up to 1300 and get knocked senseless.

Is there a guide to how the rules of pvp work?

I assumed that if I punched up, I would get more points than those who just smacked around us newbies... But it always seems like I'm getting 20 point matches and getting hit for 50 a pop... If I go to retaliate, a 1 point matchup isn't uncommon (so I skip them of course). I'm realizing that my two star roster is basically just a punching bag for developed rosters (why they can get 40 points for punching down is beyond me).

Any help to maximize the success for us newbies is appreciated - thank you.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MeatLoafX/

Edit: I posted this, logged back in and had been hit for 33. My retaliation would be worth 3 points... I don't get it. I'm sure there's a good reason that developed teams can prey on lower tiers with zero worries and still get tons of points, but it makes it awful hard to get anywhere....

Edit 2: I have reviewed the FAQ thread and other guides. Again, thank you to everyone for the help!
    Calculating Battle Score will give you an idea how the points system works.

Hayek's guide to reaching high PvP progression rewards will teach you how to score higher.

The capability of scoring high really depends on how everyone else is doing in the bracket. If you've scored high enough, you'll be visible to more and more players, with stronger rosters. Points will go up and down for almost everyone but the ones with the strongest rosters, who could just attack who they want and not risking getting attacked or retaliated.

The stronger your roster is, the less you'll get attacked. If someone sees a node with maxed 3*s for 50 pts, and someone with maxed 2*s for 50, I know who they're going to attack. If they see someone with a maxed 4* for 33 and maxed 2*s for 33, I also know who they're likely going to attack (the ones with maxed 2*s sticks out like a sore thumb).

The reason why you can't find any beatable teams for more than 38 points is: you're probably the highest scoring player with a similar roster. Beating someone with a stronger roster doesn't necessarily give us more points. Beating someone with a higher score than us will always give us more points.

Thank you for the info!

It seems like an odd way to do scoring. It encourages a player that's further along to attack lesser opponents instead of seeking a challenge.... At the same time, punishing the lower players for doing better and getting more points. (Doing well compared to other, similar rosters)
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    MeatLoafX wrote:

It seems like an odd way to do scoring. It encourages a player that's further along to attack lesser opponents instead of seeking a challenge.... At the same time, punishing the lower players for doing better and getting more points. (Doing well compared to other, similar rosters)

It's not odd, it's profitable for the game devs to do it this way because it forces high scorers to buy shields to keep their points. I had guys on the leader board buy shields from day one.

Me personally, I'm only at 500 points in shield right now. And all my targets are worth 70+. There is plenty of time for me to reach 2k, so I'll take it easy and do a hit every now and then.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    +1 for take your time... I do a couple Sim fights after each event with leftover health packs... currently @ 1,000 taking 3 star teams for 70pts

On the other hand, getting hit early isn't that bad, you can drift down and climb again for double dip rewards.
    Glass half-full
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    On the plus side you probably got a ton of ISO for all that climbing. Keep it up and once others catch up later in the season you will find yourself able to climb a little higher each time until you hit that 1700 you want.

Also, my general rule in PvP (both events and sim) is to never attack anyone worth less than 42 points. Because of how the ELO-like system works any attack for less than 42 that you win will generate a greater than 42 pt retal for the person you beat. So they hit you back and actually have a net positive from the exchange.