An idea for making harder battles worth it

edgewriter
edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Why not scale up rewards based on the difficulty of the battle? If I have to fight a really tough high level squad to clear a node, why even do it if the result is a reward equal to an easy node?

Comments

• edgewriter
    The New PVA scale testing in Enemy of the State makes this even more a valid suggestion. Why fight a node with all enemies over level 200 for a reward of 150 points and 100 ISO? Feels like a waste of time to complete that node more than once. Especially since the enemies gain levels afterwards.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you want to the CP to be available only on the sixth or seventh try?
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I would still like to see the rewards randomized, but I can see them offering a side reward of iso that escalates to reflect the higher difficulty.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'm all for this as well, especially with all the chars that are getting added lately the need for ISO is greater and greater, and fighting enemies over lvl 200 for a measly 70 iso at the cost of 1-3 health packs per fight isn't worth the grind/attempt, so scaling the rewards should also be taken into consideration if this system is to be implemented.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    How about giving us the average enemy level in iso8.png? Raise your roster, get more iso...it almost makes too much sense.

I don't know how that could fit into the 7/7 thing we have now, but sounds much better to me.
  • edgewriter
    Ludaa wrote:
    How about giving us the average enemy level in iso8.png? Raise your roster, get more iso...it almost makes too much sense.

I don't know how that could fit into the 7/7 thing we have now, but sounds much better to me.

Great idea. In fact, why not do that for all battles and have it be separate from the 7 rewards. Kind of like the 40 iso you get in pvp if you don't skip a fight. This even fixes some of the problem with the multiple battle nodes. Even if you have already beaten them, you still at least get the average level in ISO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edgewriter wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

Great idea. In fact, why not do that for all battles and have it be separate from the 7 rewards. Kind of like the 40 iso you get in pvp if you don't skip a fight. This even fixes some of the problem with the multiple battle nodes. Even if you have already beaten them, you still at least get the average level in ISO.
    I would say the combined level of all 3 characters. This way if you take on 3 level 250 characters you win 750 ISO!!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be happy if they just gave back the high level team ups. I just took out a level 320 Wolverine. And what do I get? A nice little, worthless level 94 Wolverine team up. It would be great if beating a level 300 enemy got me level 300 team up like it used to be. But, that led to players grinding high level nodes for high level team ups which they hoarded. That also drove community scaling through the roof. But didn't they get rid of community scaling? So why not bring the good team ups back? Or maybe even if the tu I got was like 70% of the opponents level. So a 300 level enemy gives me a 225 tu.

. I'm sure there's a reason for not bringing them back, but I can dream. icon_e_wink.gif

JJ